Job Title: Software Delivery Lead
Location: Columbus IN
Type: Contract (W2)
Length: 6 months (Temp to Hire)
Pay Rate: $50/HR
Monday – Friday - 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST
As Software Delivery lead, this position will be responsible for leading and managing onsite/offshore technical team responsible for SCCM administration, software packaging and distribution. This role will work closely with License management team to support software lifecycle processes.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Daily administration/troubleshooting of a multi-level SCCM hierarchy (SCCM is the industry de facto Application Packaging and Scripting product).
- Administration of monthly security hotfix deployments for various softwares via SCCM to over 40,000+ workstations globally.
- Administer custom software distribution and reporting website.
- Package, test and deploy automated desktop application installations within a SCCM framework.
- Create collections and advertisements for mass software distribution using custom scripting where needed.
- Maintain ongoing communications with support teams regarding application issue resolutions.
- Provides mentoring, guidance, and professional development support to others on staff.
- Collaborate to maintain a library of system-supporting processes and procedural documentation.
- Experience in the creation and customization of applications to be deployed across an enterprise.
- Provide deployment statistics on weekends for distributions sent.
- A Bachelors’ Degree is required for this position.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in IT SCCM Infrastructure & Maintenance and Desktop Optimization involving SCCM Administration, Application Packaging in Microsoft Technologies like Windows Installer and Application Virtualization, Engineering Activities, System Administration, VDI Platform and Incident Handling for Production support.
- Manage and Administer SCCM Infrastructure & support.
- Must have experience in SCCM to create collections, packages, deployments and deployed software packages.
- Automate software deployment in SCCM using VC# thereby reducing human time and error.
- Automate SCCM Administration that has repetitive activities and reduces manual errors and efforts.
- Work on Silent Deployment of various Applications using Microsoft Installer (MSI), App-V, Win Batch and VB Script to automate the installations.
- Package and repackage MSI based applications using native Microsoft tools and Admin Studio.
- Experienced in OS Migration in context of Software Management involving Assessment, Remediation, Packaging, Deployment and QA Testing.
- Good knowledge and experience on MSI, MST (Transforms), MSM (Merge Modules), MSP (Patches) and MSI database tables, App- V and SCCM.
- Experienced in virtualizing applications, OSD Scripting and DSC.
- Interact with the business team to gather requirements and specifications that are needed to repackage the application.
- Conduct technical meetings with application SME and Vendors to understand functionality of the application and ensure complete unattended installation.
- Create 3rd party update packages through SCUP and remediate failed deployments.
- Troubleshoot and solve SCCM specific technical issues, engaging in root cause analysis.
- Create ad-hoc SCCM reporting of deployment success/failure, software presence, etc.
- Good Knowledge in Windows Registry, File System, Services, Devices, Security, Windows Active directory services, ODBC.
- Good understanding of desktop (Windows) technologies.
- Must have experience in Virtualization VMWARE, VDI and Virtual Machines.
- Must have experience in Imaging, Deploying OS Images and troubleshooting.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team. Can handle tasks efficiently under pressure and conflicting priorities. Experience with OS Imaging technique using WAIK, WDS, MDT and having experience with WSUS and Group Policy and creating GPO’s.
Professional Technical Recruiter
Kelly Services, Inc.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity.