Phoebe Ministries is a not-for-profit, multi-facility organization specializing in healthcare, housing, and rehabilitative services for older adults. As a Phoebe team member, you’re free to work in an innovative environment with a number of bright minds that let your core strengths shine.
Who is right for the job?
Assignment: Skilled Nursing
We are seeking compassionate, caring Licensed Practical Nurses with long-term care experience who are interested in joining our dedicated nursing team which provides the excellent quality of care for which Phoebe is known at our Berks campus.
Pool employees are required to be available 2 weekend shifts in a 30-day period. This can include 1 Saturday shift & 1 Sunday shift, 2 Saturday shifts, or 2 Sunday shifts.
Responsibilities and skills crucial to success in this role: * Performs all job responsibilities in a manner which maintains the resident's rights.
- Assesses residents on an ongoing basis and analyzes obtained information to develop or revise the plan of care.
- Plans, implements, and updates individualized care plans for residents based on assessments.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the care plan developed for the resident.
- Administers medications to residents and demonstrates knowledge of drug interactions, side effects, and incompatibilities.
- Administers I.V. fluids with appropriate training.
- Documents resident's progress, deterioration, changes in condition, etc. as necessary.
- Performs and documents prescribed resident treatments designated to be done by a licensed nurse.
- Abides by both institutional and State Board of Nurse Examiner's requirements in the performing of all duties.
- Reports significant changes in residents' conditions to the unit manager/supervisor.
- Carefully and accurately explains all treatments to resident before performing them.
- Assumes charge responsibilities of the unit as assigned. When in charge:
- Receives report from the charge nurse on the previous shift and relays information to nursing staff; gives report to incoming charge nurse at the end of the shift; prepares the 24-hour report on computer
- Accompanies and assists physician on rounds and informs him/her of changes in residents’ conditions; transcribes, clarifies, and implements physician’s orders.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing; current Pennsylvania license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Current CPR certification
- One year of experience preferred
Successful candidates are those who can thrive in a positive and respectful customer-driven culture and exemplify the organization’s Faith in Action Mission, Vision, and Values. Phoebe is an equal opportunity employer.
Ready to get started?
Powered by JazzHR