Department / Division: Manufacturing / Access Business Group
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this job:
As a Hilo Driver, you will operate a sit-down Hilo at least 50% of the workday. You will support the Mix and Production areas of Cosmetics as needed. You will be responsible for unloading/loading trailers, supplying raw materials to the Mix operations, supporting Packaging operations through picking, placing, and delivering of specified materials. In addition to this work, you may also be required to perform basic tasks to support the plant as needed. This role will work on a 2nd shift schedule with operating hours Monday-Friday 3pm-11pm.
How you would contribute to the role:
If you enjoy supporting a safe work environment with high attention to detail and efficiency, the Hilo Driver position may be of interest to you! In this dynamic role, you will have the opportunity to safely transport raw materials, goods in-process, and finished goods to production lines. You will also move pallets, skids, boxes, etc. to various designated areas. Your accuracy and efficiency will be valued as you load and unload trucks in the staging area or directly into storage locations, while inspecting trailers for safety hazards and utilizing proper loading techniques. Your ability to accurately count goods and process associated paperwork will be crucial as you develop within this role. Daily equipment inspection, cleaning, and applicable safety regulations will be a part of your daily routine. This position will work a 3rd shift schedule, which is Sunday night 11:00pm - Friday morning 7:00am.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- At least three to six months of experience as a Hilo Driver with active Hilo license
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Maintaining related records and reports with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to logically think through and understand process and production requirements with good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to lead and proactively communicate with individuals on the floor in a cooperative, constructive, and positive manner
- Experience and adept with the following applications preferred: JD Edwards, DC Link, ETQ, PMC
- Knowledge of DSI and RF systems used for linking license plates
- Must be capable of lifting 0 – 50 lbs.
- High school diploma