Position Title Ski Patrol
Department Dartmouth Skiway
Position Number 0000000
Hiring Range Minimum $16.25/hr
Hiring Range Maximum $16.25/hr
Location of Position
Lyme Center, NH 03769
Provide aid and assistance to the patrons of the Skiway, as part of the daily operations team of the Skiway.
- Good communications skills and patience
- Broad spectrum of everyday skills and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to be trained on protocols, procedures, and practices
- Currently certified in OEC or as an EMT with CPR/AED, and skiing skills
- Must be current in at least NSP Outdoor Emergency Care, EMT & CPR and basic rescue skills and knowledge
- Basic understanding of risk management and loss prevention
- Good interpersonal skills and attentive to details
- Willing to assist patrons as needed, in a kind and courteous manner
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Prefer previous Ski Patrol experience, but not required
- Prefer high school graduate or equivalent
Employment Category Temporary Part time
Skiway open hours; part-time schedules available
Department Contact for Recruitment Inquiries
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter Mark Adamczyk, Skiway Director
Contact's Phone Number (603) 795-2143
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, conduct review, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details, please see our policy.
Learn more about Dartmouth Skiway at: http://sites.dartmouth.edu/skiway
- Rescue, care and transportation of injured/sick skiers.
- Emergency rescue services.
- Risk management.
- Trail maintenance.
-- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Documents Optional Documents * Resume
- Cover Letter