- Employed opportunity, very competitive compensation + incentive bonus
- Expectation of efficient evaluation and/or daily assessment and follow up of acute rehabilitation patients, which may vary depending on census and coverage. There would also be an expectation for cross coverage of an inpatient PM&R consult service, if needed
- EMG/NCV service (electrodiagnostics) available
- Expectation to engage in academic research and community engagement
- UDS Interface
- EMR – Epic
- Team based approach with hospitalists/nocturnists, advanced practice providers, RN patient liaisons, floor RNs, social workers, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, case managers and nutritionists
- Potential for academic appointment opportunity at Brown University, Warren Alpert Medical school with expected teaching responsibilities for residents and medical students rotating through the unit, as well as scholarly activity and community engagement
- Call will be determined based on staffing, no night call
- Malpractice Insurance covered with tail
- CME/licensing/privileges/DEA allowance $3,500 per year
- Research opportunities if desired
- Excellent research opportunities with potential academic appointment
The Department of PM&R includes multiple outpatient clinics, with focus in Concussion, Spasticity, Prosthetics and Orthotics, Wheelchair management, Oncology, Wound Care, Comprehensive Spine and Interventional Pain Management.
Newport Hospital is a state-of-the-art, award-winning health care facility that offers a wide array of services to the community. In addition to an emergency department that treats patients from Newport and surrounding towns, the hospital provides diagnostic and surgical services and is home to the renowned Vanderbilt Rehabilitation Center and the award-winning Noreen Stonor Drexel Birthing Center.
Rhode Island is best known for sandy shores and seaside Colonial towns. With over 400 miles of coastline and more than 100 fresh and saltwater beaches, we are viewed as the sailing capitol of the world. Although the smallest state (37 miles wide and 48 miles long) we are mighty; home to 37 golf courses, 12 colleges, an international airport and offer foodies everything from the finest dining, fantastic food trucks and microbreweries. Easy access to Boston (1 hour) and New York City (3 hours) and a lower cost of living make for a wonderful place to live, work and play.