Job Locations US-SC-Shaw AFB
# of Openings 1 Category Professional Services Agency/Project US Army Job ID 2019-3566
OBXtek Inc. is an established, award-winning, service disabled veteran owned business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. Our corporate growth has coincided with our investment in our employees as well as in outreach to our civilian and military community.
OBXtek is currently staffing for a Managerial Accountant support for Headquarters United States Army Central (USARCENT) at Shaw, AFB. USARCENT is responsible for theater wide Financial Management (FM) in the Central Command (CENTCOM) Area of Responsibility (AOR). USARCENT provides Title 10 support to all United States Army Forces (USARFOR) personnel within theater.
The Managerial Accountant duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide thorough accounting support to USARCENT, deployed enduring sites, and deployed contingency locations.
- Collect, research, and recommend corrective actions in regard to USARCENT’s financial transactions to reconcile the accounts, including Non Stock Fund Orders and Payables (NSFOP), Undelivered Orders (UDOs), Unliquidated Obligations (ULOs), Negative Unliquidated Obligations (NULOs), unmatched disbursement (UMDs), and mismatched disbursements in Legacy system Standard Army Financial System (STANFINS). This includes unmatched transactions (UMTS) and Interface Document (IDOC) errors from various interfacing systems to General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS).
- Provide program execution improvements throughout USARCENT by standardizing Fund Centers, Army Management Structure Codes (AMSCOs), and Cost Centers.
- Perform liaison duties with USARCENT and deployed locations.
- Review and assess USARCENT’s processes for monitoring the execution of contracts and delivery orders and the process for ensuring the financial transactions associated with USARCENT’s contracts and task orders are recorded accurately and expeditiously.
- Perform financial trend analysis and make recommendations to COR and Functional Representatives.
- Joint Reconciliation Program (JRP): Ensure the completion of joint review between fund holder and Financial Operations ARCENT G8 by supporting and assisting in the preparation and completion of each JRP phase. Provide input for quarterly video teleconferences and special interest items established by USARCENT FM Operations Division.
- Provide Current Year/Unexpired /Canceled/Closed Funds Management and Control. Review financial transactions to ensure data is timely, accurate, and complete. Monitor and coordinate with appropriate Fund Centers for clearance of abnormal conditions in GFEBS/STANFINS. Analyze obligations to identify abnormal balances and transactions at cost center and fund levels within an activity or program. Analyze and research contracts to provide recommendations for prior year de-obligations.
- Provide support for budget, contracting, and Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) personnel to obtain replacement (current year) funds for bills citing canceled/closed year funds.
- Through directives from ARCENT G-8 Functional Area Representatives and COR, monitor year-end closeout based on guidance received from Department of the Army (DA) and DFAS. Prepare special year end accounting reports and schedules.
- Provide support to resolve and correct accounts receivable and debts. Analyze accounts receivable at customer number level to ensure receivables are in balance and current (less than 30 days) STANFINS.
- Prepare both special (ADHOC) and recurring feeder financial reports as required by supported activities and USARCENT (e.g. contingent liabilities, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) requirements, MOCAS Contract Closeout reports, etc.). This includes analyzing and providing the COR and functional representative with a status of the
- Coordinate with DFAS to obtain financial data or reports for all customers.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using STANFINS/GFEBS and ODS as well as a working knowledge of RMT.
- Active Secret clearance
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.