Job Description and Qualifications
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Business Development Manager - Hydrogen for Mobility, Americas (H2fM). This will be based out of our South Region offices in Houston, TX. A residence-based position will be considered for certain candidates.
The selected individual will be responsible for developing and winning new business in the growing business of Air Products' Hydrogen for Mobility business in the Americas, with a specific focus on opportunities in South Region.
This position reports to the Manager, Business Development for the H2fM business and is accountable for the growth of this business in the region. The individual will lead all facets of business development, including the coordination of key stakeholders including engineering, finance, government relations and operations.
- Pursue and win new hydrogen supply and fueling station opportunities in North America, with a specific focus on the South Region.
- Use Air Products' strengths in hydrogen production, distribution, and fueling to drive growth.
- Lead the process from opportunity identification through proposal development, negotiation, preparation of internal approval documents and contract signature. The individual will remain involved until the new opportunity comes onstream. Once onstream, commercial responsibility is transferred to others for ongoing account and asset management.
- Develop opportunities with both new and existing customers, although the majority of opportunities are expected to be at new customers.
- Develop an understanding of current and future regulations driving the adoption of zero-emission vehicles (ZEV)
- Develop an understanding of the technical aspects of hydrogen production, distribution and fueling in order to communicate the advantages of hydrogen and fuel cells vs. alternative technologies.
- Develop an understanding of government funding and procurement as it pertains to supporting the development of hydrogen fueling projects in the South Region and other areas of focus.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or a related field.
- Minimum of 5-10 years' experience in the Industrial Gases Business or related sector.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must. Ability to persuasively present the benefits of Air Products technology and business models is essential to success in this position.
- Have a strong interest in a business role and the desire to develop and/or demonstrate commercial skills, including customer relationship management, team consensus building, contract negotiations and the ability to close deals.
- Experience in supplying mass transit, port operations or truck fleet operators a plus.
- Experience in hydrogen fueling and the industrial gas business is a plus.
- Strong financial skills critical for proposal development.
- Expected travel may be up to 30%.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
North America - Exempt
Global Industrial Gases
Business Sector / Division
Industrial Gases Americas