Pottstown, PA, US
Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always stood for optimistic femininity. Today, the brand is a global life and style house with handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, gifts, home décor and more. Polished ease, thoughtful details and a modern, sophisticated use of color-Kate Spade New York's founding principles define a unique style synonymous with joy. Under the vision of creative director Nicola Glass, the brand continues to celebrate confident women with a youthful spirit.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
job title: department/location: flsa status:
sales associate retail non-exempt store manager
general purpose of the position: represent and communicate the kate spade brand and lifestyle to customers through sales competency, product expertise and by providing the highest level of customer service. responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
essential duties and responsibilities
client & service expert:
achieves individual sales goals
develops strong product knowledge across all categories
the sales associate is responsible for ensuring exemplary customer service by
delivering the ultimate kate spade experience
able to develop a personal clientele through effective use of the selling skills,
proactive client outreach and use of client book
building brand equity
understand and communicate the kate spade aesthetic, brand philosophy and lifestyle to the customer
demonstrate interest and ability to work as part of a team
execute operational tasks as per company directives
accurately processes all postransactions
adhere to and apply visual directives, ensure that store standards are executed daily
available to work store schedule, as needed, including evenings and weekends
standing for extended periods of time
able to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
comfortable climbing ladders
skills and abilities required
professional selling skills and exceptional interpersonal skills
prior luxury goods experience preferred
proactive ability to multi-task and prioritize
works well in a team environment
college degree preferred
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
Req ID: 78085
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Outside Sales, Sales