Qualifications Minimum Education
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Work Experience
2 years - Floor care/special project experience and housekeeping
1. Use vacuum to clean carpets; use carpet extractor or bonnet buff to perform spot removal or clean carpets.
2. Use brooms, mops, buffers to sweep, dry/wet mop, scrub, strip and refinish, sanitize and disinfect hard surface floors.
3. Report damaged carpets and floors and situations where stain removal can not be done.
4. Mix, use and dispose of floor care chemicals according to directions.
5. Clean and properly store floor equipment; operate cleaning equipment according to instructions; replace belts, bags and make other minor equipment repairs; report other mechanical failures to supervisor.
Personal and Patient Safety
1. Wear personal protective equipment according to hospital guidelines, follow universal precautions.
2. Use appropriate cleaning materials.
3. Report unsafe conditions in assigned work areas.
4. Observe isolation procedures.
Room Set-up and Tear Down
1. Move furniture and equipment as directed, use good body mechanics
2. Perform room set-up and tear-down as directed for special events.
1. Complete project report of completed tasks during shift
2. Attend weekly/monthly and annual mandatory departmental training sessions.
3. Use pallet jack to move boxes from loading dock to stock supply room.
1. Arrive and depart work on time.
2. Report to work on scheduled days with no excessive absenteeism.
3. Leave for meal break and return on time.
4. Report to work in uniform.
5. Uniform is clean and free of debris or odor.
6. Entire uniform is worn daily.
Childrens National Medical Center