Whatever your career path – whether it s product innovation through engineering, working directly with our customers, manufacturing quality products or supporting our business in some other way, Sheppard – a Bendix CVS Company – delivers.
The primary responsibility of this position is to analyze and diagnose equipment issues and execute light to moderate maintenance and repairs timely on various manufacturing production equipment and related accessories. Incumbent will work under minimal supervision. Responsibilities captioned below are considered essential job functions:
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Observe, review, test and diagnose performance issues on manufacturing production equipment and related accessories to determine appropriate parts and repairs needed
- Communicate diagnosis to Supervisor to obtain necessary parts or supplies to complete repair
- Perform routine maintenance such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners, hoists, cranes and sanitary facilities and inspect for excessive wear and/or damage
- Utilize power and hand tools to remove, replace and adjust fasteners and locking mechanisms, hoist and replace parts as needed
- Disassemble machines and makes repairs to hydraulic, pneumatic, plumbing, pipe fitting, sheet metal, basic electrical mechanical and masonry
- Maintain accurate work order, log of maintenance and repairs performed to specific equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Standard machine tools are required to perform most of the daily responsibilities. Any specialized tools or measuring equipment will be provided by the company as needed.
In addition to the knowledge, skills and abilities of the Preventative Maintenance Mechanic:
- Knowledge of hydraulic and electrical operation and repair
- Knowledge of various types of Plumbing repair methods
General shop and machine tool noise, dirt, grease, and coolants from the operation of machine tools and the assembly of machines and equipment. Normal working position is standing or walking through the plant. Some repetitive lifting/moving is required, depending on the daily assignment or tasks being performed. May work from a ladder, platform, scaffold inside or outside of the plant and in wide temperature extremes. The weight can range up to 75 lbs therefore proper lifting/moving techniques, i.e. use of a crane, are required in excess of 50 lbs.
Standard Shift Hours:
Friday - Sunday: 5pm - 5am
Medical Insurance with Flexible Spending Account
Free Medical Clinic for Employees and Dependents
Dental & Vision Insurance
Life, STD & LTD
Life Assistance Program