This role will be responsible for delivering the successful completion and turnover of restaurants built to Savory's high standards. By conducting frequent, onsite, quality assurance evaluation of contractors and vendors, the CM ensures that all work is carried out efficiently, accurately, and with the highest level of skill - while meeting or exceeding budget and schedule forecasts. The CM must work effectively both in the office and in the field. The CM works with architects, engineers, and landlords throughout this process to ensure that construction design standards and lease terms are accurately being delivered. The CM communicates relevant information regarding new construction projects with the internal Ops, Facilities Management, Real Estate, Design, and Finance teams. The CM is responsible for communicating with contractors and vendors regarding expectations and quality control to deliver on the Four Foods Group vision statement.
The Construction Manager reports directly to the Director of Construction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and manage the entire construction process through completion, adhering to the company's system for project management (i.e., planning, permitting, bidding, construction, project closeout).
- Responsible for construction budgets and manage all financial aspects of the project.
- Qualify and develop outsource GCs, Subs, suppliers, and vendors; implement processes to manage these resources and conduct performance evaluations successfully.
- Consult with the Development Director to ensure high standards, implement best practices, and better understand/track construction costs.
- Model a positive attitude regarding brand development, motivating and leading construction partners, and promoting the FFG vision.
- Cultivate and protect brand identity by assuring the quality of fit and finish, adherence to specifications and standards, compliance with required construction timeframes and approved budgets, and assisting in pre-opening marketing efforts.
- Ensure the compliance of outside vendors concerning billing, payments, submittal of required documents, and all construction-related documentation during the construction.
- Ensure all construction documentation is complete and accurate; all change orders are vetted and documented and maintain up-to-date construction drawings by communicating relevant changes in the field back to the design team.
- Be an active and engaged participant at the table by bringing ideas, suggestions, and solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple construction projects simultaneously, delivering each one to Savory's high standard
- Expert understanding and utilization of construction documents, including plan reading
- Ability to lead and manage teams to success
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as both an administrator and field supervisor
- Ability to create and utilize tools to plan out, track progress and achieve goals
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Master problem solver with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent time and productivity manager
- Strong commitment to culture and company values
- Ability to maintain a high level of Ownership mentality and accountability
- Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Suite including Teams, Smartsheets, Dropbox,
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to report to work responsive, free from sedatives, and in a non-sedative state
- Bachelor's degree in a construction-related field (or specialized education equivalent)
- 5+ years as a Project Manager in a construction-related field
Position requires qualified individuals to see, hear, and speak (verbally and audibly). Required to ascend and descend stairs and ladders; sit, stand, lift, bend, stoop, crawl and kneel. The employee must also use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Occasionally reaching with hands and arms, climbing, balancing, and fixturing are required. Maximum lifting capacity of 75 lbs. Travel by car, air, or other transportation for business purposes is required up to 30 percent of allowable time.
Must be able to function effectively in a loud, fast-paced working environment. Natural and regular stressors occur on the job.
Savory is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information or veteran status.
Four Foods Group