Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Senior Manager, Global Regulatory Affairs CMC in our Lexington office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Manager working on the Global Regulatory Affairs CMC, Plasma-Derived Therapy Business Unit team, you will be empowered to ensure global strategies are successfully executed across both new product development and existing portfolio life cycle management, and a typical day will include:
The PDT BU R&D group is dedicated to bringing forward new therapeutic approaches based on plasma-derived therapies for patients with rare and complex diseases. Takeda believes there is tremendous potential to do more to meet patients’ and health care providers’ expectations with plasma-derived and plasma-oriented therapies for patients with immunologic, hematologic, and other complex diseases. The Head, Global Regulatory Affairs Strategy, Plasma-Derived Therapies Business Unit will have the ability to create and define the future vision and operating model for the team. There will be two main drivers of innovation in the newly-formed PDT R&D group:
- Translational Pharmaceutical Sciences: This innovation engine will practice rapid-cycle innovation to test and develop improvements to existing products, develop new products, and improve yield. It will combine translational research with pharmaceutical sciences and device, and will receive inputs from and into clinical research and manufacturing sciences.
- Precision Medicine: This innovation engine will focus on developing comprehensive, value-oriented health care delivery packages around drug products, targeted to maximize benefit and reduce risk to precise patient populations. In the process, this engine will drive innovation by practicing patient-centric R&D.
85%: Strategic Leadership & External Interactions
- Proactively contributes to the development and implementation of innovative CMC regulatory strategies in close collaboration with relevant Takeda R&D, PDT BU R&D and Commercial functions to obtain, maintain and extend Takeda PDT BU product registrations in the United States, Japan, the European Union, Canada and emerging markets.
- Maintains optimal GRA CMC Regulatory Affairs effectiveness for ongoing development and lifecycle management activities for assigned programs.
- Provides proactive guidance and regulatory strategies to support PDT product teams.
- Remains knowledgeable about current CMC regulations and guidances and interprets the global CMC regulatory environment to provide proactive guidance to internal stakeholders based on technical and regulatory knowledge and to guide the development of strategic and tactical regulatory plans. Proactively identifies and assesses regulatory and compliance risks associated with product development and life-cycle management activities.
- Creates high quality, compliant CMC regulatory documents (eg, Core Dossiers, CTAs, MAAs, NDS, Variations and other relevant regulatory CMC filings) within defined timelines as per Takeda PDT BU objectives.
- Interfaces with key GMS and PDT BU R&D functions in the preparation, review and approval of CMC regulatory filings to support early and late stage development assets, and the maintenance or expansion of approved Plasma-Derived Therapies globally.
- Proactively develops and fosters appropriate relationships with global regulatory agencies, especially the US Food and Drug Administration and international regulatory agencies to develop effective, professional relationships and advance a positive company image.
- In partnership with other relevant functions, assists in the conduct of regulatory agency inspections and compliance audits. Ensures compliance in all GRA PDT BU activities.
- Acts as an ambassador for the Takeda PDT BU Regulatory Affairs organization to influence and shape the external regulatory and policy environment.
- Ensures a culture of transparency, innovation and teamwork. Is approachable to colleagues across Takeda and is open to the ideas of others.
- Minimum of 2-6 years of experience in global drug/biologics development in the biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, or Government Health Authorities.
- Minimum of 2-5 years in a Regulatory Affairs CMC role.
- Experience in plasma-derived therapies or biologics preferred.
- Global regulatory CMC and/or Device experience preferable.
- Advanced degree preferred, such as PhD, MD or JD.
~15-20% national and international travel anticipated
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at .
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please