The Distribution Engineer works with an established, industry-leading consulting engineering firm. The role is expected to work independently and within a team environment with minimum supervision. Seeking a Distribution Engineer with overhead and underground distribution design experience.
- Design, stake and coordinate overhead and underground distribution projects to meet NESC, RUS or other applicable standards, specifications and all applicable codes.
- Perform peer and final reviews of distribution designs performed by others to ensure all applicable standards, specifications and codes are met.
- Seal distribution line designs completed personally and by others.
- Coordinate design and construction of distribution line project with client and affected parties.
- Assist customer in acquiring easements and permits.
- Provide design support through preparation of draft reports, calculations, details, plans and specifications.
- Preparation of scheduling, planning, designing, permitting and construction documents.
- Ensure that work meets safety and quality standards, codes and specifications including set schedules and deadlines.
- Provide timely and accurate information on progress, reviews, observations, solutions and/or any other project related information.
- Track budgets and project financials for accuracy; invoice clients appropriately.
- Conduct field observations and preparation of applicable field reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of relevant experience as a distribution designer.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License required.
- Project management skills and ability to meet deliverables on time and on budget. Experience with Microsoft Project software preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with multiple priorities and schedules throughout the project life cycle.
- Experience interacting with technical and non-technical people.
- Skills with Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD (Civil 3D experience is a plus).
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time.