World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide Large Industries provides our customers with industrial gas and energy solutions that are vital to their own industrial production. We own and operate over 2,000 miles of industrial gas pipelines in the U.S. supplying mainly oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen and syngas in large quantities from multiple production sources to major customers in the chemicals, petrochemicals, refining and steel industries. Our pipeline operations and industrial gas production facilities are closely monitored 24/7 within our leading-edge operations control center located in Houston, Texas. Our operations control group monitors over 89,000 data points and assists with product supply and coordination. We are constantly optimizing our supply network to provide high reliability and energy efficiencies allowing Air Liquide to adjust supply needs more quickly and effectively enabling growth to our customers.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
- Support and comply with all Air Liquide Safety, Health and Environmental procedures/policies
- Lead Maintenance Team - reports to GCPL Central Basin Manager with dotted line reporting to National Maintenance
- Central Basin sites include:
- Bayport Complex: Bayport ASU, IWTC, Bayport Demin, Bayou Cogen
- Channelview ASUs
- LaPorte ASU
- Plant based maintenance (PMs, PDMs, corrective maintenance which does not require turnaround outage)
- Manages pool of I&E and Mechanical Technicians, Warehouse Technician, and planner/scheduler.
- Responsible for executing a monthly plant based maintenance plan defined in Maximo by technology and provided by planner/scheduler one month in advance.
- Manages local exceptional maintenance and escalates to National Maintenance when necessary
- Executes plan from Scheduler/Planner for both corrective maintenance (CM) and preventive maintenance (PM) schedules on a daily and monthly basis at the plant level for the Central Basin.
- Ensure proper documentation of work within Maximo -Review vendor repair, test & inspection reports communicating results summary to affected plants.
- Work with the National Warehouse and National maintenance to identify strategic (Inventory Supply Request) ISR’s.
- Plant based interface with the National Maintenance teams.
- Engage Subject matter experts to direct and oversee vendor shop repairs; ensure highest quality work and adherence to Air Liquide standards
- Manage technicians, both AL and contract, to execute maintenance work. Maintain compliance of PM program and ensure follow up work is performed and documented
- Complete plant based major maintenance activities on schedule and budget
- Participate in and understand the R&M budgeting process. Participate in the development of annual maintenance schedule, budget and turnaround plans
- Utilize and adhere to the corporate technical standards
- Work with national warehouse to assure spare parts stocking at national warehouse
- Work closely with site personnel and contractors; monitor contractor work quality and costs
- Assist Maintenance team in maintaining equipment manuals
- Make suggestions to improve plant safety, efficiency, reliability and quality
- Lead by example and motivate others to excel and succeed
- Set and maintain high housekeeping standards
- Support additional maintenance issues as requested by management
- Ability to work call-outs, nights, weekends & holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 5+ years experience in plant maintenance activities
- Thorough understanding of safety requirements when working around plant equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to foster teamwork and navigate matrix organizations.
- Ability to manage multi discipline technicians to achieve a schedule and maintenance strategy
- Has full range of motion and ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and work off elevated platforms/surfaces.
- Ability to work in non-conditioned environment for extended periods.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.lity to work in flash suit for testing and troubleshooting.