AECOM is hiring a Maintenance Inspector II for employment out of Thomaston, GA.
This position will support higher level technicians and engineers in functional areas such as maintenance construction inspection roadway design; traffic signal equipment; traffic signalization and geometrics; materials sampling, inspection, and testing. In this position, you will use a significant amount of decision making and use of judgment, as well as providing instructions to others.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform independent inspections of roadways and structure construction processes and materials to assure compliance with the construction contract
- May perform moderately complex inspections and conduct routine and standardized inspections; this includes inspecting asphalt and concrete for acceptable materials and mix; pavement for proper spreading, rolling, depth, alignment, and compaction; roadways and structures for conformance to plans and specifications; structural materials and members; placement of culverts; structural operations such as foundation excavation; placement of piling, reinforcing and structural steel, concrete and backfill; and traffic control and erosion control devices
- Perform complex variety of calculations and computations
- Perform contract documentation duties, which may include field measurements of pay items as well as other department required documentation
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
- High school diploma
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Graduation from a university with a degree in Civil Engineering or from a four-year college with a degree in Civil Engineering Technology and two (2) years of progressive transportation technical experience
- Graduation from a two-year technical college with a degree in Civil Engineering Technology and five (5) years of progressive transportation technical experience
- Graduation from high school and seven (7) years of progressive transportation technician experience for a State Highway Agency; or an equivalent combination of training and directly related experience
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment used in highway construction and of mathematical functions including geometry and trigonometry
- Drafting skills
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, contract provisions and inspection procedures
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)