Title: Care Coordinator
Location: Scranton, PA (Remote)
Reports to: Chief of Clinical Operations
Direct reports: No direct reports
Type: Full-Time, W2, Salaried with competitive benefits package
Our client, PursueCare is an exciting and rapidly growing, integrated telehealth addiction and behavioral health treatment startup. PursueCare is looking for an experienced, organized, and driven Care Coordinator to join their team! The ideal candidate will have experience in the patient intake process and in customer service/customer-centric roles, preferably in the substance use treatment field. This position is located in Scranton, Pennsylvania or surrounding regions.
The Care Coordinator’s primary responsibility is the client’s successful experience using the PursueCare platform and receiving the treatment they need in a timely and supportive manner. This includes direct contact with the client to explain PursueCare’s services and protocols, to address insurance/payer issues, to provide scheduling assistance, and to explain any documentation requirements. The Care Coordinator will also work directly with providers (addiction counselors, therapists, medication-assisted treatment physicians, and clinics) to manage schedules and to coordinate care. The Care Coordinator may also assist both providers and clients with accessing PursueCare’s affiliated pharmacy services. This position is located in the Maysville, KY area in order to provide direct support at one of our partnering facilities. A typical week will include a combination of working remotely (at home) and working on site, in a clinic setting, providing patient assistance at partnering facilities.
- Perform all key tasks of a remotely managed central care management/coordination function including: Ensure patients are receiving care in accordance with their treatment plan, address patient and provider concerns in a timely manner, manage patient expectations and care, and work with providers, partners, and outside agencies to coordinate care.
- Work with the Intake Team to get clients into the treatment services that they need.
- Manage client/patient forms and data across multiple platforms.
- Work directly with clients to resolve payer questions and ensure they receive access to treatment options in a timely/immediate fashion.
- Assist with any client questions about the telehealth platform.
- Work with clients via phone, live chat, email, and text environments.
- Work with providers to create and manage schedules in our telehealth platform.
- Work with providers and patients on referrals to services within and outside of PursueCare.
- Proactively address /escalate any reported concerns with all aspects of the PursueCare experience.
- Document work with patient, providers, partners, and outside agencies in the EHR and other platforms as necessary.
- Daily communication to operations team outlining new issues/concerns and detailing progress/recommendations on existing projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in patient intake, patient scheduling, medical assistance, or related fields
- Associate’s Degree in healthcare management or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience in the substance use disorder treatment field required. Experience in peer counseling/peer support preferred.
- Clinical experience in an addiction treatment environment preferred.
- Prior experience working remotely preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and a demonstrated comfort with technology.
- Excellent and thoughtful verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Drive to take ownership in order to meet professional obligations
- Ability to juggle and prioritize projects in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Desire to contribute wherever support is necessary
- Desire to learn and grow with our company - to put in the time, focus and effort necessary to advance to the next level of their career
- Work style, pace and drive to make things happen, with a bias for initiating and driving positive results
- Belief that healthcare reform begins with innovation aimed at making people's lives better
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Work includes extended periods of time at a desk and computer screen.
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Dynamic, energetic start-up company
- Lots of support and collaboration across the company
- Work from home option
10-25% depending on the needs of the PursueCare
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PursueCare offers an extremely competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits package and work-from-home/remote opportunities for certain positions. PursueCare offers full-time employees unlimited paid time off to allow our team members to properly recharge, competitive salaries, bonus opportunities, equity opportunities, and affordable health coverage with company contributions. PursueCare is headquartered in Middletown, CT which is coincidentally right smack in the middle of Connecticut. They pledge to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PursueCare is a startup, technology-enabled healthcare management services organization that is addressing the opioid epidemic with an intelligent, convenient, and stigma-free telehealth treatment platform that creates a better experience and outcomes for healthcare providers and patients alike. As traditional opioid addiction treatment models have failed to provide enough access and lasting outcomes for patients, states continue to push for innovative solutions to serve the overwhelming need, particularly across rural and underserved areas. Our vision to improve access to opioid addiction care and promote better patient engagement/outcomes by providing convenient, private and stigma-free telemedicine services through a virtual network of on-demand prescribing physicians, addiction counselors, and clinics, as well as other recovery resources and dedicated addiction pharmacy services, right through a browser or smart phone app.
PursueCare’s platform offers telehealth video conferencing, marketing, care coordination, billing, HER, reporting, partnerships with referral sources for patients in need of recovery intervention, and ancillary services to addiction treatment practioners and clinics. We offer greater access and engagement with private, stigma-free, medication-assisted treatment (“MAT”) programs and evidence-based protocols, increasing the likelihood practioners will be able to treat more patients, more consistently, with better outcomes.
Steve Urban, CEO of Riderflex’s interview with Nick Mercadante, CEO and Co-Founder of PursueCare
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado based, premier headhunter, RPO and employment agency; recruiting and searching the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies: recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips
Powered by JazzHR