The Manager of Lift Maintenance will manage the preventative, predictive, scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance of all lifts at Attitash in a proactive, safe and efficient manner; provide oversight of lift construction and special projects as assigned by the Senior Lift Maintenance Manager; provide the quality and service required by regulatory agencies and maintain the standards set forth by Vail Resorts. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills and successfully lead a staff of experienced individuals, enabling the highest levels of execution and job satisfaction while working toward excellent team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Demonstrates strong examples of Vail Resorts Core Values of: Serve Others, Do Good, Drive Value, Be Safe, Do Right, and Have Fun.
- Embodies and works toward exceeding expectations on Vail Resorts Leadership Competencies of: Out Front, Connect, Drive, Develop, Passion, and Re-Imagine.
- Responsible for assuring the lifts are in compliance with ANSI /OSHA/ NEC, Insurance and Vail Resorts rules and regulations.
- Responsible for conduct, training, Department policies, Vail Resorts policies, and ensuring that paperwork and procedures are completed in a timely and thorough manner.
- Responsible for the oversight and planning of all mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Responsible for oversight of department budgets and notifying leadership of financial variances.
- Plan for the future development and capital improvements of all lift systems and continually update and advise The Lift Maintenance Director on the long term goals for lift system upgrades.
- Responsible for summer and winter preventative maintenance programs that include inspection of work performed to maximize lift safety and reliability
- Assure that leadership is immediately informed and consulted on all abnormal or unusual conditions, incidents, or system malfunctions.
- Assure that all required records are maintained and kept up-to-date. This includes, but is not limited to, all mechanical and operational procedures, maintenance and operations logs, lift failures and incidents and downtime logs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent
- Previous lift maintenance experience
- Demonstrated management/supervisory experience in Lift Operations and/or Lift Maintenance and/or Mountain Operations
- Intermediate ski or snowboard ability
- Valid Driver's license
- Strong knowledge of desktop computer systems and applications
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Lift Mechanical/Lift Electrical systems
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Know rules and codes of authorities with jurisdictions
- Involvement with ANSI and OSHA regulatory agencies
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 240270