Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
Who Are We:
· Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24-7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.4 million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is on the Forbes 2018 list of “America’s Best Employers, as well as the Forbes 2019 list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity.” The company is the largest tech employer in Utah, a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2017. For more information, visit www.vivint.com.
Vivint is looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to be responsible for managing supplier costs, contracts, relationships, and roadmaps. The position will also play a lead role in representing the Supply Chain Organization in the new product introduction (NPI) process. In this role, the individual will lead supplier sourcing and selection activities and be responsible for managing the supplier relationship. It will be critical for the individual to develop
close collaboration with Hardware Engineering, Program Management, Technical Operations, and other cross- functional teams. During the product development process, you are responsible for ensuring the suppliers are prepared to support the delivery of key parts on-time at specified quality, and yield parameters and are prepared to meet the ramp quantities. It is the Sourcing Manager’s primary objective to ensure suppliers meet or exceed commercial and technical requirements throughout the life-cycle of the product(s).
For assigned suppliers and programs this role is expected to:
· Have strong organization and communication skills
· Standardize effective/efficient/repeatable supply chain processes
· Develop and own supplier/commodity/category sourcing strategies, ensuring that suppliers are capable of meeting Vivint’s current and future technical and business requirements
· Establish supplier selection criteria, evaluate alternative suppliers, manage the RFQ process, and drive final supplier selection in partnership with Product Management, Engineering, Quality, and other cross-functional partners
· Properly prepare for and negotiate various agreements as needed with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, and service terms
· Formulate contingency plans to de-risk technical challenges, long lead time, single source, and any supply issue
· Institute programs to optimize schedule flexibility while minimizing excess inventory exposure · Work with CM partners to resolve any part shortages or quality problems which affects production schedules
· Own the ramp plan, ongoing production plan and forecast, tooling qualification schedule and tooling life for all designated suppliers
· Influence supplier technology roadmaps and create internal disruptive value-add to ensure Vivint’s system architecture and commercial requirements are met
· Establish and manage strategic supplier relationships at the executive level
· Provide interdepartmental program updates on cost, schedule, design, supplier issues, quality, risk, etc.
· Manage regular business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that define product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives
· Maintain personal knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures and technical improvements
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
· 5-7 years' experience in high volume manufacturing operations or sourcing environment.
· 5-7 years direct experience in supplier / supply chain management
· Supply chain experience managing cross functional teams in a consumer electronics product company.
· Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools.
· Ability to solve problems and coordinate with cross-functional teams.
· Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and the associated measurement systems.
· Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection).
· Master's degree.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Fluent in English; Spanish, Mandarin, Vietnamese, and Thai are a plus.
· Free catered lunch/snacks/drinks; new menu daily
· Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
· Your choice between Mac or PC
· Employee pricing on smart home products
· Casual dress code
· Onsite gym
· Onsite health clinic
· Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
What We Stand For:
Honesty and Integrity Come First - Do the right thing
Customer Obsession is Our Advantage - A relentless passion to serve the customer Innovation is Essential - Today’s innovation is tomorrow’s lifeblood
We Win Together - Individuals win games: teams win championships
Exceptional is Expected - Talk is cheap: create value, not just motion
We Give Back - Helping people is core to our DNA
If you are an active Vivint employee, please apply through Workday by searching "Find Jobs".