*Must be at least 21 to drive in a DOT capacity*
With convenience at our core, The Home Depot Rental allows you to save time and get the job done faster. In addition to a wide assortment of pro-grade tools, equipment, trucks, and trailers, we offer knowledgeable, resourceful, and dependable associates who are ready to provide solutions that will help finish the job or project at hand.
The Home Depot Rental operates in over 1100 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment, tools, trucks and trailer rental along with on-site equipment delivery. The large equipment fleet includes trenchers, chippers, mini-excavators, skid steers, aerial work platform equipment, and tractor loader backhoes among others. We have a large team of highly trained technicians, shop techs, and VIP Delivery Technicians and customer care associates throughout the United States and Canada.
We live our Core Values: Excellent Customer Service, Creating Shareholder Value, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Taking Care of Our People, Respect for All People, Doing the Right Thing, Building Strong Relationships, Giving Back
The Delivery Service Technician’s (DST) role is to deliver rental equipment to our customers and provide basic operations training on the proper and appropriate use. Since the DST is the frontline and face of our rental business, professionalism, strong communication skills, and a service orientation are key requirements for this role. Additionally, the DST will be responsible for preventative maintenance and cleaning rental equipment prior to and after each rental delivery.
- Ensures daily rental readiness of equipment through visual inspection and methodical preventative maintenance to ensure operational safety
- Performs troubleshooting involving malfunctioning equipment and makes basic repairs
- Local delivery to and pick up of rental equipment and supplies from customer location
- Demonstration of proper and safe equipment operation to customers on delivery
- Accurately obtain required signatures on rental contracts
- Ability to leverage other members of field service teams to ensure deliveries are made on time and without failure
- Learn and demonstrate Customer Service Standards for delivery service.
- Complete proper check-in and check-out procedures at equipment depot
- Participate in training events
- Perform other duties assigned by the Lead Rental Technician or authorized personnel
- Must be twenty-one years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Valid CDL Class A and DOT Physical Examination (Medical Card)
- Prior experience in safe operation of construction machinery within rental industry, and working understanding of load securement and transport
- Ability to conduct preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and make minor mechanical repairs to equipment
- Knowledge of and/or have experience in driving delivery trucks, towing tandem axle utility trailers and towable construction equipment, operating safely within high traffic or congested city zones and in small areas
- Safe driving record
- Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations / DOT guidelines.
- Knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery routing
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, doing what is necessary to exceed customer expectations
- Communicate effectively with management and peers
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances (weather, traffic)
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Prior training with similar commercial equipment
· Two (2) years’ experience operating commercial vehicles
· Ability to lift up to 80 lbs safely
· High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.