The Food Service Worker (FSW), under the supervision of the Director of Food Services and direction of Lead Cook, provides quality meals and service to patients, visitors, and staff.
Foodservice experience in a hospital setting is desirable.
Ability to work well with others.
Clean and appropriately groomed.
Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Prepares and serves food for patients and staff and works window during meal times and serves staff.
- Operates kitchen equipment in a safe manner; Cleans and sanitizes work area and equipment after use. Follows food safety practices throughout.
- Dates, rotates inventory, and dates, rotates, and disposes of expired food and beverage items in patient care areas and in administrative areas and follows food safety practices throughout all duties.
- Properly completes all pertinent logs to ensure food safety compliance including: refrigerator/freezer logs, cool down log, internal food and beverage temperature log, thermometer calibration log, dish machine log, quaternary ammonium log, etc.
- Prepares and portions food and beverage items according to Menu Spread sheets and Tray tickets.
- Serves therapeutic meals according to personalized tray tickets. Prints and utilizes food production reports and tray tickets from Resident diet Systems.
- Prints and prepares snack with labels and delivers snacks at specified times.
- Interprets diet order per current diet manual.
- Thoroughly completes all tasks within allotted time of the work schedule and completes all cleaning tasks assigned.
- Cleans and stocks lobby coffee cart.
- Cleans and stocks staff dining area.
- Carries out housekeeping duties pertinent to the department.
- Unloads dirty dishes and trays from food carts and utilizes dish machine for the cleaning and sanitizing them. Cleans and sanitizes work areas and equipment after use.
- Communicates repairs and other needs to Departments (IT, Environmental Services, Engineering, etc) by submitting work orders as needed.
- Demonstrates proficiency navigating through Orchard Hospital Health Information Systems (HIS) including Chart Access, ELearning, and Orchard Hospital Policies and Procedures- locating policy and procedures. Reads email and responds as indicated each shift worked.
- Able to fulfill physical demands of the position and demonstrates competency in skills, knowledge, ability, and equipment as required for the position and area of assignment.
- Demonstrates effective communication with members of the health care team to achieve desired outcomes; Attends and participates in all required in-service training and mandatory meetings.