Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 25147
Job Title : Sr. Engineering Manager - Charlotte
Location : RGCHAR
Business Unit Sector : COR-WATER-WATER AMERICAS
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
The Senior Engineering Manager is responsible for the technical planning and design of water distribution, treatment, and wastewater collection and treatment systems. This person will assume leadership responsibilities such as scope, budget and scheduling projects; guiding engineering staff and identifying developmental growth opportunities; and developing strong relationships with municipal utilities, contractors, and other consultants.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 11 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- PE in North Carolina or ability to obtain
- Water & Wastewater treatmnet facilites project experience with pipeline design.
- Experience in pumping systems and process equpment layout.
- Experience on BIM developed projects
- Written Communications
- Drive For Results
- Priority Setting
- Directing Others
- Conflict Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Building Effective Teams
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
Most positions - depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division - will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office environment, typical construction site environment, extreme weather conditions, high noise level, safety hazards (electrical currents, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure chemicals), atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, poor ventilation).
- Proactively provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Black and Veatch policies
- Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards
- Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines
- Independently applies knowledge and ensures compliance with Black and Veatch quality program
- Establishes related processes, and promotes a culture that is conducive to quality
- Provides guidance and direction to others
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for multiple or mega projects
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
- Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Develops and applies advanced engineering solutions to complex problems
- Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments
- Is responsible for one or more of the following: leading production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for projects
- Establishes work plan to be applied to a given project
- Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on complex projects
- Typically responsible for defining project schedules for single discipline or may have responsibility for multiple disciplines
- Responsible for determining identification of key client interests and drivers on projects
- Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects
- Focuses on client's current needs and situations
- May offer other services to the client
- Typically provides support to business development or pursuit activities
- Serves as a technical specialist and has knowledge and skill set to provide consultation and guidance to project teams in a particular practice area
- Typically supports multiple projects on the very complex technical challenges
- Actively advances knowledge management of the enterprise and provides mentoring
- As a subject matter expert, has additional expertise in a technical area, participates in professional societies by presenting papers, participates on technical committees, and assists with code/standard authoring
- Is externally recognized in industry as an expert which enhances the Company brand
- Typically oversees performance management, career planning, recognition, learning and development, and corrective actions
- Implements resource management strategy
- Manages engineering resources for small groups of a single discipline
- Resolves resource conflicts and identifies training needs
- Administrative responsibilities may include office administration
- Ensures policies, procedures, and processes are effectively implemented and communicated for workgroup
- Ensures adherence to corporate and division programs
- May approve timesheets and expense reports
Black & Veatch endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click . If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click and .
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit and register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering Manager, Water Treatment, Engineering
Black & Veatch