We have partnered with a company in Redford Township that is seeking a Lead Mechanic/ Reefer Mechanic! This company has been in business for over 50 years and they are a leading supplier of new and used transport refrigeration equipment, parts, and service!
Responsibilities of Lead Mechanic:
- Assist Service Advisor with prioritization based on complaint and diagnostic verification of needed repairs. Variables include parts, manpower, skill sets, shop space.
- Perform repairs to units across all product lines.
- Oversee the quality of work and productivity of the technicians.
- Troubleshoot issues with factory and shop tooling.
- Assist with Customer technical support.
- Provide recommendation to the Operations Manager regarding training, building and equipment recommendations and business opportunities.
- Work with the Operations Manager on continued implementation of diagnostic check sheets, repair standards and procedures.
- Experienced technician with a minimum of 5 years experience working on equipment in the automotive, heavy equipment, trucking, or transport refrigeration industry.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service mechanical equipment.
- Experience reading electrical and refrigeration schematics.
- Able to work one weekend on call every two months.
- Ability to drive a class 8 truck (Chauffeur license required).
- Prefer candidates that possess an EPA Section 608 and 609 certifications.
- Starting pay based on experience
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company paid short- and long-term disability
- 401k with company match
- Profit sharing
- $400 yearly tool allowance