Jagemann Precision Plastics specializes in insert molding that combines discrete components, including metal and plastics into a single composite piece. This process has brought improvements to the automotive, appliance, solar and medical markets and results in saving customers assembly time, labor and money. Jagemann's over molding is an efficient process for producing automotive components, solar connectors and electrical components resulting in both time and monetary savings.
With injection molding and fine blanking capabilities at our 19,000 sq. ft. facility located in Murfreesboro, Tennessee we find ourselves nestled in the heart of automotive manufacturing. The facility is strategically placed to serve our customers with the excellent logistics.
BENEFITS ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT - NO WAITING PERIOD
- Flexible, employee-friendly policies and work environment
- Career development and progression
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex 125 plan all available immediately upon hire
- Company paid life insurance w/ additional voluntary life available
- Accident and Critical Illness Coverage Plan
- Company paid short term and long term disability
- Traditional 401(k) plan
- Vacation upon hire
- Paid holidays
- Paid EducationProgram
- Employee Assistance Programs
Summary of Function:
Repair and maintenance of injection molds and/or stamping dies including tool modification, tool troubleshooting, tool repair and replacement/repair parts to support the production efforts of the company.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair and maintenance of injection molds and/or progressive, fineblanking metal stamping dies.
- Proposals and realization for the optimization of injection molds and/or metal stamping dies.
- Finish, polish, fit, align and assemble individual tooling components and tooling sets for installation in production press.
- Manufacture spare parts for injection molds and/or metal stamping dies.
- Control/administration of spare parts stock.
- Assistance in sampling operations.
- Building fixtures and other mechanical work to support production.
- Backup as needed in production processes.
- Performs work from blue prints, sketches and verbal description of tool requirements, production problems and required finished part dimensions and tolerances. Performs close tolerance work where no design is available or has been proven effective.
- Perform hand "bench" work or use machine tools to bring tooling to exact specifications and efficiency. Involves hand polishing, filing, sharpening, and radiusing tool surfaces to precise tolerances to facilitate conforming part production and minimize "trial and error" adjustments at the press site.
- Rework, repair, sharpen and modify tooling to correct deficiencies, accommodate tool wear, or adapt obsolete tooling to perform permanent or temporary "duty" as a replacement for broken, missing or necessary duplicate tools.
- Participates in the Continual Improvement Process.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor for additional experience and/or training or refinement skills or in preparation for advancement.
Maintain close communication with Production Manager and maintain good interpersonal relations with co-workers.
Completed apprenticeship as tool/mold maker or mechanic.
Surrounding conditions are good, with exposure to Oil, coolant and noise.
Subject to frequent lifting, carrying and bending.
Practical experience in welding, cylindrical, surface and profile grinding, cavity sinking with E.D.M. and engraving.
Basic knowledge of plastic injection molding and stamping techniques.
Practical experience in setting up, servicing and optimizing injection molds and metal stamping dies.
Practical experience in maintenance of production and automation equipment.
Practical experience in reading tool drawings and measuring of tools.
Practical experience in Press Operations/Manufacturing processes.
Demonstrates the ability to use all hand tools, measuring devices and machine tools common to the trade.
TS 16949 overview
Occupation includes a requirement to follow Environmental health and Safety procedures.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro