Niche is the leader in school search. Our mission is to make researching and enrolling in schools easy, transparent, and free. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search tools, we help millions of people find the right school for them. We also help thousands of schools recruit more best-fit students, by highlighting what makes them great and making it easier to visit and apply.
Niche is all about finding where you belong, and that mission inspires how we operate every day. We want Niche to be a place where people truly enjoy working and can thrive professionally.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced billing and collections specialist to support the order to cash cycle of our growing business. You will work closely with the sales team to ensure accurate and timely billing to our customers and follow up with customers for timely payment of invoices. You will also work closely with the rest of the Finance team to calculate revenue by customer on a monthly basis. This role will report to the Sr. Accounting Manager.
What You Will Do
During the 1st Month:
- Attend onboarding sessions to better understand our internal processes and learn about the company
- Collaborate with Finance, Sales, and Partnership team members to learn about the company, customers, and product offerings
- Understand the process for invoice generation, revenue recognition, and cash receipts
- Learn the order to cash systems including Salesforce, SAASOptics and Quickbooks
- Communicate outstanding balances to existing customers using SAASOptics
- Take ownership of the billing and revenue cycle
- Define goals and success measures for timely invoicing and invoice collections
- Master technology used in the order to cash cycle including QuickBooks, SaaSOptics, and Salesforce
- Build an efficient process for collections and escalation of overdue invoices to the sales team and managers
- Build relationship with external legal counsel who will assist with customer collection matters
- Develop procedures to collect sales tax exemption forms, purchase orders, or other documents needed to properly invoice customers.
- Automate the Order to Cash cycle so it can support a quickly growing customer base
- Assess the systems/ technology used in Billings and Collections to determine if it meets the needs of a rapidly expanding company
- Collaborate with Sr. Accounting Manager on the growth of the Billing and Collections organization, thinking through segmentation, process and workflow
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, related field or experience working as part of an Accounting or Finance team
- Proficiency with accounting systems; must be proficient using Quickbooks Online
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM service is a plus
- Recent experience with customer invoicing and collections
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Highly organized, with good time management and prioritization skills, acute attention to detail, works with a sense of urgency
- Must have a positive, energetic attitude and approach all interactions with a customer service orientation
- Self-starter with proven ability to research information, problem-solve and coordinate projects
- Adaptable, versatile, and able to work in a fast paced and adapting environment
- Excited to work in a culture of measurability and continuous optimization
- Full time, salaried position with competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health plan, including vision and dental, provided at no cost to the employee.
- 20 PTO days, 10 Paid Holidays and 3 Volunteer Days Off per year
- Parental leave
- Stock options and 401(k)
- Your ideas and work will make an immediate impact on our company and millions of users
Candidates only. No recruiters or agencies, please. All of our open positions are located in our Pittsburgh, PA office. Sorry, we do not offer relocation assistance.
Niche is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Powered by JazzHR