Job Locations US-NY-Massena
ID 2020-6526 Type Part-Time Shift 10 Hour Shift Details 10 Hr. Variable Hours Category Registered Nurse Job Location : Address 1 Hospital Drive Required Level Associate's Degree Required Field Nursing Preferred Level Bachelor's Degree Preferred Field Nursing Licensure /Certification Required: Valid, current NYS RN license, AHA BLS Contract NYSNA Date Posted 6/30/2020
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Assesses patient by performing a functional Health pattern/physical assessment on all patients as indicated when he/she presents for treatment/clinic visit, when a significant change in condition occurs, and as other occasions dictate the need.
- Explains to patients and family the general procedures in Dialysis. Answers questions, provides emotional support, and provides patient/family education regarding care such as skin care, dressing care and other factors related to patient’s care during treatment.
- Verifies and/or transcribes and implements physician orders.
- Develops/revises plan of care to include discharge plan that prescribes nursing actions to achieve age-specific outcome goals for the patient.
- Provides nursing care to the patient requiring monitoring/intervention with “Point of Care Testing” i.e. fingersticks, stool/gastric testing; patient care devices, i.e. suction apparatus, dialysis equipment; input/output tubes/devices i.e. NG tubes, urinary drains; and other such devices/treatments.
- Provides various nursing care services as needed such as Pain Management; Blood/Blood Product Therapy; Respiratory Therapy Modalities; Tracheostomy or other suctioning; Specimens; IV Therapy, etc.
- Positions, lifts, transfers, and transports patients as needed.
Documents/communicates nursing care and physiological responses to other health care providers in patient’s record.
Collaborates with other health care team members as necessary to resolve problems and to make most effective use of the hospital's resources in delivering quality patient care.
Establishes interpersonal relationships with the patient's family members and other health care team members, thereby facilitating a free flow of essential information necessary for the patient's plan of care.
Ensures instruments and supplies are maintained at adequate levels and in proper condition.
Answers clinic telephones as needed and patient/family questions regarding care.
Participates in the performance improvement efforts of the hospital. Produces and monitors related department quality indicators.
Assists in orienting new employees to job responsibilities as requested by Supervisor.
Performs other related duties as required.