Job Description :
This job is responsible for leading a team of digital strategists to develop digital strategies and supporting roadmaps that deliver complex digital experiences across digital channels, including web, mobile, social, email, SMS, etc. Engages with all levels of management and staff to define, communicate, and implement digital solutions that will drive demand for the Organization's health plan products and services.
Employee Referral Payout: Level 2
- Performs management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Works closely with key stakeholders at all levels across marketing, sales, product, and technology to understand business objectives and guide digital teams in developing solutions that meet those business objectives. Presents to and educates senior executives on digital strategy and execution. Manages digital capabilities related to multiple customers, including members shoppers, producers, employers, and visitors. Facilitates understanding of business requirements through planning, execution, and documentation of design research deliverables including personas, user stories, journey maps, etc.
- Develops, evolves, and communicates digital strategies, standards, processes, and best practices. This includes creating, implementing, maintaining and socializing a digital roadmap; monitoring industry and competitive trends, creating digital UI/UX/visual standards and best practices, and/or digital analytics dashboards, targets, and KPIs.
- Works closely with business partners, HM solutions, and Marketing to develop business cases and roadmaps for digital capabilities, evaluating and articulating financial / resource investment, business need, and KPIs. Oversees implementation of capabilities, communicating new capabilities and monitoring performance of channels.
- Evaluates new software or technology capabilities, assesses vendor solutions, creates and manages ongoing partnerships with third parties such as digital agencies, software vendors, BCBSA, and other key vendors.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree - Business, Marketing, or related programs or 6 years relevant work experience
- 5-7 years experience managing multiple, complex digital initiatives from strategy to execution across multiple channels (web, mobile, social, email, etc.)
- 3-5 years experience managing/leading others
- Master's Degree
- Agency / consulting experience
- Healthcare or health insurance experience
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Highly motivated with exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to effectively and competently handle multiple projects simultaneously and the flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to changes in work objectives, promotions, and available technology
- A passion for technology and digital media, including knowledge of evolving best practices, web trends, UX design, and digital marketing best practices
- In-depth knowledge of software development lifecycle, from planning to delivery
- Experience developing business cases, building ROI, and managing digital marketing programs from planning through execution
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical, mental demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of their job. Reasonable accommodations will be made when necessary to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position, to the extent that they do not cause undue hardship.
An employee in this position works in an office environment. The position frequently requires the employee to communicate effectively with others both inside and outside the workplace (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email). The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g., computers and computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines to complete essential tasks. The employee generally works in a fast-paced and frequently stressful environment, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis as well as adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours.
Teaches/Trains others regularly
Travels regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (Sales employees)
Does Not Apply
Physical Work Site Required
Most On-The-Road Positions
An employee in this position may work in a home or company office environment but is also frequently driving to and from various locations to perform the work off-site. The position frequently requires the employee to communicate effectively with others both inside and outside the workplace (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email). The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g., computers and computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines to complete essential tasks. The employee generally works in a fast-paced and frequently stressful environment, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis as well as adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours.
An employee in this position is frequently required to move throughout the workplace, sit, stand and walk, use hands and fingers to hold objects, tools or controls, possess fine motor skills (e.g., to write and operate a computer or to steer transportation equipment), possess gross motor skills (e.g., to carry items), reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel crouch and crawl, communicate effectively, and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to work in a busy environment where decisions often must be made quickly, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis, must adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours. This work occurs in a [example: warehouse, hospital or provider’s office or mailroom].
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at