White Oak Medical Center seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) for our Labor & Delivery Unit who will embrace our mission to extend God’s care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As an RN, you will:
- Develop a plan of care according to patient population.
- Identify impending changes in patient condition accurately and initiates corrective action.
- Mentor students, colleagues and team members in patient-centered care.
- Conduct purposeful rounding from patient and family perspective.
- Report directly to the Clinical Nurse Manager and independently be responsible for the safe and effective delivery of patient-centered care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
- Educate patients and family through the continuum of care while striving to advance your own knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrate professionalism, adhere to ANA standards of practice, and exemplify the Adventist HealthCare values as they fulfill our nursing mission and vision.
- Utilize equipment and technology correctly, delegate non-nursing duties appropriately to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Valid Maryland RN license required
- Active American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- One year of current Labor & Delivery experience or related acute care experience
- ACLS, C-EFM, NRP, and S.T.A.B.L.E. preferred
- Work life balance through non rotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Free Employee parking
If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today! Apply now to be considered or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
ACLS, NRP, STABLE required
C-EFM required within the first year of hire.
0645 PM - 0715 AM
One weekend shift per schedule
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.