We are seeking a strong Innovation Engineer to join our team. Leverage your Electromechanical knowledge, Engineering Design skills, and Project Management experience to drive our Manufacturing Capabilities to the next level. You will own both large and small projects from conception through implementation. This is a great opportunity to continue expanding your technical skills and experience, while making a significant and lasting impact on our global operations.
As an Innovation engineer, you will be responsible for the conception, design, fabrication, and commissioning of production and process equipment. Your skills and talents will be stretched as you help drive step change improvements of our production equipment. As a global company with multiple international location, you will have the opportunity to engage with new cultures and a diverse array of colleagues. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Creative problem solving using cutting edge technologies to reinvent our existing production processes that will maintain our position as the Market Leader in the Packaging Industry.
- Leverage your knowledge of mechanical systems and industrial controls to develop high throughput, high quality, and efficient production equipment.
- Work independently or with a cross functional team to develop your project scope, budget, and timelines to execute projects which delight internal customers and exceed expectations.
- Must be able to collaborate with multi-discipline teams consisting of Engineering, R&D, EH&S, Operations, and Marketing, as well as external suppliers to ensure solutions are cost effective and deliver step change in our processes.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate at all levels of the organization including shop floor to the executive suite.
- Apply strong technical skills to all facets of the project including solution development, equipment specification, design, installation and equipment commissioning.
- Identify / evaluate latest technologies that can be incorporated into our processes to improve yield, increase throughput, and/or reduce cost.
- Ability to rapidly pivot to address shifts in markets, technology, or other external factors which develop during course of your project.
- Proactively develop contingency plans to mitigate any surprises or challenges as they arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline from an ABET accredited university. Strong preference for candidates that have a blend of mechanical and electrical engineering skills.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with manufacturing equipment design.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively apply technical and project management skills to successfully execute multi-million dollar projects.
- Experience with the application of servo motion control and robotics is strongly desired.
- Candidate engineers should have a strong working knowledge of the integration and programming of HMIs, PLCs, Servo Drives, VFDs, Industrial Networks, and Temperature Control Systems. Rockwell or Siemens hardware and software experience is a plus.
- Candidate engineers should also have strong 3D design skills and experience with computer aided engineering tools such as SolidWorks, Matlab, FEA / CFD Simulation, etc.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Experience with extrusion technologies, high speed automation, or web handling is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, take initiative and drive for results to exceed customer expectations.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, a collaborative work style and ability to effectively work with an interdisciplinary team
- Must be willing to occasionally travel internationally.
Requisition id: 31717
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
WHY WORK AT SEALED AIR?
It is our responsibility to leverage what we have to affect positive and meaningful change for our communities and planet using Sealed Air’s global resources and expertise.
- Corporate sustainability. It’s about improving the lives of people around the world by addressing pressing needs in the communities where we and our customers operate.
- Customer Success. Meeting our customers' needs. At Sealed Air it’s more than a goal, it’s an integral part of our business practices, our innovative solutions, and our values.
- Leaving our communities better than we found them through dedication of time, talent and resources.