The Informatics Analyst will analyze the large quantity of diverse scientific data that Development Sciences generates in alignment with scientific objectives in Development Sciences.
- Work with scientific stakeholders to access, process, visualize, and analyze large volumes of diverse data.
- Design and develop robust algorithms and techniques using machine learning, text analytics, Natural Language Processing (NLP), image processing, and Computer Vision.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to support development sciences business needs.
- Develop data analysis solutions and communicate results/recommendations to scientists.
- Collaborate with data management teams to ensure the right data is collected in the optimal format.
- Work with scientists, research associates and clinical scientists, statisticians and database specialists across the company.
- Contribute to best practices on application of advanced analytical techniques.
- Maintain expertise and knowledge of technology trend and informatics landscape in our industry.
- Assess and identify new opportunities to further business objectives
- Self-motivated and passionate about working on innovative technologies.
- More than 10 years’ experience with real-world problem solving using text mining and NLP, or image processing and machine learning.
- Expert experience in Machine Learning, including deep learning and statistical models.
- Expert of a scripting language (e.g., Perl or Python), and a statistical programming environment (e.g., R or SAS) is a must.
- Excellent people and written/verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in teams and collaborate with others to solve challenging business problems.
- Prior image and biomarker data analysis, bioinformatics, and publication experience is a huge plus.
- Familiarity with LIMS systems, relational databases, data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, and Spotfire), are desired.
- MS/Ph.D in Data Science, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Statistics, or related disciplines.