Seegrid is the leading provider of connected self-driving vehicles for materials handling with more than two million miles driven. The Seegrid Smart Platform combines flexible and reliable infrastructure-free vision guided vehicles with fleet management software for a complete connected solution. Seegrid accelerates Industry 4.0 and lean initiatives with incremental automation, helping companies achieve a truly connected enterprise and transform into smart factories of the future.
Seegrid is looking for a Product Manager to drive both the direction and development of Seegrid’s industry-leading autonomous vehicle product suite.
As a Product Manager at Seegrid you will be at the forefront of driving innovation in the material handling industry. You will be responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, and working collaboratively with design, engineering, quality, marketing, and support teams to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Strategically minded, effectively collaborative, agile and pragmatic, the Product Manager is responsible for representing the true voice of the customer by turning customer requirements into tangible features by gaining a deep understanding of the customer experience, identifying and filling product gaps that are pervasive across the market and commercially valuable, and ensuring market intent is preserved through development.
In this role, you will need to gain a deep understanding of the customer experience, identify and fill product gaps, and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience, and drive growth. You will need to become an expert with respect to the competition and the market, able to help project the size and potential scope of the market, become knowledgeable in complementary vendor spaces, and understand differentiators, products, and messaging.
You must be able to join a dynamic and fast-paced environment, working with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
- Deeply understand the needs of materials handling solutions in industries such as manufacturing, distribution, and logistics
- Update and manage the product roadmap
- Facilitate communication across stakeholders to enable more informed decision making
- Participate in internal design sessions, document overall design / architectural goals, aesthetics, usability, standards
- Translate product strategy into written detailed requirements at both functional and technical level
- Develop business cases and financial return models for potential new products
- Understand competition fully to influence strategy, positioning, and pricing
- Work closely with design and engineering teams to iterate designs and deliver valuable products
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Drive product launches working cross-functionally across the company
- Shepherd requirements through development to ensure market intent is preserved
- Manage product lifecycle from inception, release, updates, and through EOL
- Incorporate planned feature requests and themes into product work packages
- Refine and prioritize work in the backlog
- Own and report on the product outcomes
- 3+ years of experience working in technical product management roles
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Experience in Agile development environment, participating in the design and execution of development by leveraging principles and tools. Flight level system architecture experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Strong customer empathy, and the ability to blend user research with data to create a prioritized product roadmap
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Ability to build credibility and strong relationships with engineering counterparts and jump into things directly
- Strong communication and partnership skills - this will be an extremely cross-functional role
- Experience in manufacturing or warehouse optimization or robotics is a plus
- Must be able to travel 30% of the time
Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Powered by JazzHR