FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Sterling Medical provides expertise in healthcare for communities nationwide. By being employer owned, employers are now taking healthcare into their own hands and are being able to provide quality and efficient care for their employees. Our goals at Sterling Medical are to create a patient-focused integrated primary and urgent healthcare system by bringing the patient and provider closer together, ensuring that all patients obtain the health services they need without suffering financial hardship, and allowing the employer to control their healthcare costs.
We are looking for ideal candidates who strive to achieve a 95% or higher in positive customer feedback, are diligent at building the company s name recognition within the community and are willing to understand the concerns of our patients and try to help solve their healthcare problems.
Sterling Urgent Care is currently located throughout Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming with more locations coming soon.
Purpose of Position:
As a certified medical assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative and clinical support to ensure efficient operation of the urgent care. You will support providers and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care, clinic maintenance, and communication with other departments and locations. The goal is to complete all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner.
The following functions have been determined by Sterling Medical to be essential to the successful performance of this position which includes but is not limited to:
- Checks patients into EMR and supporting software
- Confirms and updates patient s demographics and verifies insurance
- Obtains release of medical records from the patient
- Collects co-pays from the patient and documents in EMR and tracking forms
- Obtains patient history, review of symptoms and vital signs from the patient
- Assists provider with procedures
- Performs radiology testing
- Follows procedures for running quality control on laboratory equipment
- Follows certified procedures for collection of drug testing
- Perform blood draws, inserts IV s, administer injections
- Obtain ABN from patients if needed
- Educate patient on procedures, disease process, medications
- Maintain cleanliness of the clinic
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 25 lbs. about 50 feet
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, handle documents, bend and stoop, and reach with hands and arms.
- Complies with national PHI laws including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2
- Maintains continual sustained attendance
- Works cooperatively with others and as part of the Sterling Medical Team
- Train new hires on essential functions of the role
- May be required to travel
The following are the qualifications and minimum requirements necessary for a person to perform this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Maintain CMA licensing through the state/agency (as applicable per state)
- Maintain BLS/CPR certification
- Ability to type 50 words per minute
- Strong computer skills
- Strong vocabulary, spelling, and punctuation
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and adapt to individual needs
- Authorized to work in the United States
Upon hiring, you are expected to successfully complete the following requirements:
- EMR training modules
- Clinical training and competency checked off
- Sterling Medical phlebotomy, IV, laboratory and X-ray training
- State specific X-Ray certification
- Drug Testing Training Videos and Certification
- Drug Testing Software Training
- Continuing educational assigned by your manager intermittently throughout the year
General office equipment including phone, fax, computer, printer, copier, scanner, multi-line phone system, x-ray units, laboratory equipment and patient care devices.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of this position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
We're Committed to Inclusion and Equal Opportunity:
Sterling Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Company that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications, and competence. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of an applicant's or employee s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of any mental, sensory or physical handicap, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. These policies govern all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, and other terms and conditions of employment.
To help assure that this policy is fully in force, any aggrieved person should immediately call the matter to the attention of either their immediate supervisor or the Office of Human Resources. The person aggrieved should make their own choice as to whom of the above parties they wish to report their problem. Any employee found to have engaged in actions in violation of this policy shall be subject to disciplinary action which may include immediate discharge.
Specifics, Experience, Education:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on experience
- CMA: 2 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Graduation from an accredited Certified Medical Assistant Program
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
- BLS/CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Rad Certification (Preferred)