Location: Lake George, NY 12845
POSITION PURPOSE / SUMMARY STATEMENT (defines the major functions/purpose of the position):
The Team Player is to deliver a great client experience through assessing needs, product education and engaging communication to provide a personalized shopping environment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (include titles of positions directly reporting to this position):
- This position does not supervisory responsibilities
- Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet customers to assess customer needs and provide an exceptional shopping experience.
- Describe footwear and apparel technology to ensure customers are making informed decisions for their purchase.
- Recommend, select, and help locate merchandise based on customer needs.
- Maintain knowledge of sales, promotions, and policies regarding purchases and exchanges or returns.
- Demonstrate the features and benefits of footwear and apparel to maximize sales goals.
- Watch for and recognize security risks as well as know how to prevent or handle security situations.
- Maintain store appearance by straightening, sizing, and refolding merchandise to create exceptional shopping experience.
- Support with the processing of shipment of merchandise by sensoring, repricing, and filling the sales floor with product to sell to customers.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Uphold a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of selling techniques.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics including addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication and their applications.
- Ability to conduct self in a professional and respectful manner with customers and employees.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High sense of urgency.
- Skilled at using logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including holidays, nights, weekends and overtime in order to fit business needs.
- 1+ years of experience in specialty or luxury retail and/or customer service.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, etc.
- Google Applications such as Gmail, Google Hangouts, etc. a plus.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and squat the majority of the work shift
- Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to have manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms.
- Moderate: Mostly standing, walking, bending, frequent lifting
Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
Retail Locations: Works with the public in an indoor location that is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered moderate.