The address is 6200 W Parker Rd, Plano, TX 75093
Salary Range: $26.50 - $50.82/hour, commensurate with working experience
Part-Time: 7 AM -7 PM for a total of 36 hours a week with some weekends and holidays
Looking for an opportunity to be a part of an expanding unit? We’re growing! Come join our expanding Intensive Care Unit. We are expanding our Trauma program and Comprehensive Stroke Center and have opportunities for you to be a part of a solid, cohesive ICU family.
An ICU (Intensive Care Unit) Nurse position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment. This unit is a self-scheduling unit with 26 beds. Our ICU Unit is devoted to intensive care for the region’s most critically ill patients. Our intensivist program puts the care of ICU patients under the guidance of board-certified critical care physicians, who directly oversee patient care in the ICU throughout the day. Physicians are available 24 hours. Critical care nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants — all trained in critical care medicine — help provide care in the ICU around the clock. Awarded the Beacon Gold-level of excellence in 2015 & 2018.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
- BSN preferred. Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
- Other: CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency Req
- One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program. ICU experience preferred
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
- RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
- RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
- BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required (Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
- ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required (Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 60 Days Required
- The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
- The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by:
- The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence
Texas Health Highlights
- Fortune's list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1)
- “Best Workplaces(TM) for Diversity” by Fortune and Great Place to Work® (5th year in row)
- Great Place to Work's Best Workplaces in Texas™ 2020
- 2019 Texan by Nature 20 (TxN 20)
- A 2019 Gold Level Workplace Health Achievement Award by the American Heart Association (4th year in a row)
- Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the nation (2016)
Texas Health Resources