LOCATION: Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's Counties
JOB PURPOSE: The Registered Nurse delivers care to patients in the home setting; utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and other home health team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Minimum of one year practicing as a Registered Nurse.
- Possess and maintain a current RN license from the Maryland State Board of Nursing or Compact State.
- Implement an effective and appropriate plan of care by assessing the patient/family needs.
- Include patient/family in planning/rendering care and provide psychosocial intervention as necessary.
- Act as a liaison between patient, physician, and family.
- Report and document changes in patient condition or other pertinent data to physician appropriately.
- Initiate and document interdisciplinary communications and case conferences as needed.
- The Full Time or Part Time RN will work a rotating weekend schedule, a rotating on-call schedule and a rotating holiday schedule.
- Possess and maintain documentation of freedom of TB in a communicable form.
- Possess and maintain documentation of annual influenza vaccination.
- Complete annual mandatory competencies as defined by the agency Education Plan
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items weighing over 20 pounds. This position requires the ability to transfer, lift, move, and turn patients to and from bed, wheelchair, toilet, tub, shower, and occasionally the floor.
Powered by JazzHR