Career Opportunities: Senior Commercial Lines Insurance Account Manager (151541)
Job Req Id 151541 - Posted 05/21/2020 - Insurance - Job Location (1) - AR - Little Rock
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List
There are many things to consider when deciding on your next employer. Do you want a job where you earn a paycheck? Or do you want a CAREER with a company that values their employees as well as the communities that they are in?
At BXS Insurance we are more than just a work place. We are a company that prides itself on values and the people that we employ. We offer competitive pay and benefits. But even more important, we offer a dynamic working environment with an energetic, creative team of professionals who are driven to stay on the forefront of the endless changes in our industry. This sets the pace for providing exceptional products and services to our clients. Start your search for a career with BXS Insurance.
BXSI is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Commercial Lines Account Manager position in Little Rock. The Senior Commercial Lines Account Manager is responsible for the delivery of exceptional service to our commercial property and casualty clients. With the producer, this position manages the clients exposure to risk and coordinates services for the development, retention and rounding of accounts. Typically assigned to the largest and/or most complex clients. May assist in preparing RFP responses. Typically reports to a department manager.
- Generally functions independently to inform and educate, answer questions, resolve issues, and make decisions regarding the need for the implementation of coverage and modifications to clients' coverages.
- Provides exceptional customer service for assigned accounts, including correspondence and communication with customers, producers and insurance carriers.
- Independently, or in partnership with producer(s) and marketing managers new/renewal business strategy including the coordination of roles and the obtaining of information.
- Markets new and renewal business to appropriate carriers as needed or requested, including preparing complete marketing submissions to the marketing department.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date data in agency management system according to agency workflows.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals as needed for account review according to agency workflows.
- Verifies new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, coverages and other relevant information. Inputs transactions to generate billing invoices. Ensures that policies are delivered and/or mailed to client in a timely manner.
- Coordinates clients' needs with the support team regarding the issuance of binders, certificates and evidence of property.
- Overtime work, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required
- Appropriate active Property & Casualty license required
- Generally holds CIC or equivalent designation
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with numbers including basic calculations
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Projects professional appearance and manner
- Self-starter with the ability to be flexible
- High attention to detail
- Typically has up to 7+ years of account management experience
- Expert working knowledge of insurance brokerage industry including products, rating, underwriting, coverages and industry operations
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, producers, carriers and staff
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds
- Ability to stand or sit at a workstation during a standard workday
- Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and printer
- Ability to move about the office to access office machinery and supplies