Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas'® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann's® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Responsibilities include leading an efficient team of mechanics in a baking facility incorporating the highest standards of safety, quality and sanitation. Drives the IPM culture through cross functional teams. Assures effective PM programs to achieve world class waste and downtime goals, high levels of communication, maintaining budget guidelines and environmental compliance.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Executes the plant's preventative and predictive maintenance program to ensure reliable operational performance of bakery equipment and processes.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the work performed by Mechanics utilizing the plant's PM program.
- Provide coverage in the absence of the Manufacturing Maintenance Manager
- Provide technical support for Controls, electrical and mechanical systems and equipment.
- Manage and improve all the components and software required to efficiently operate a primarily automated manufacturing line.
- Monitors Maintenance KPIs and PM system reports and uses these reports to initiate remedial actions to improve maintenance performance.
- Verify compliance to Governmental requirements (OSHA, EPA, FDA)
- Requisition tools, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance personnel are trained on Lock-Out / Tag-Out, Confined Space, Hazard Material
- Handling and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must be able to ascend and descend building stairways, ladders and ramps to reach job assignments and perform tasks required in job classification. Specific tasks require standing for long periods, climbing, reaching above shoulders, walking, lifting, grasping, kneeling, bending and twisting.
- Must have mental and visual ability to identify various product varieties, read charts of posted manufacturing standards as well as scale weights and equipment controls.
- Job duties are varied and spread over a number of locations in the plant. Therefore, special assignments can be created on a case-by case basis.
- Perform all other related assignments including assisting and training of other associates as required by Supervision.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ensure that maintenance procedures are completed in line with company policies and standards.
- Worker subject to inside work, protected from weather conditions as well as outside conditions.
- Worker subject to noise sufficient to require hearing protection in designated areas.
- Worker subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current, and moving objects carrying considerable weight and force.
- Capable of working in environment of flour dust.
- Work requires the ability to read, write and communicate in English in order to understand and follow work and safety instructions. Must be able to perform basic arithmetic to include adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Technical degree in a related field or AIB Maintenance Correspondence Course a plus.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of maintenance supervisory experience; ideally in a fresh baked goods, bread and muffin or food manufacturing facility or other process manufacturing environment, and strong communication, leadership, and team building skills.
- Strong PLC knowledge base is a plus.
- Operational background in electrical circuitry, and bread and roll production equipment repair.
- Some refrigeration and fuel burning equipment knowledge a must.
- Must be computer literate and have effectively built, developed and led teams.
- Mental and visual ability to identify various parts and read mechanical and electrical drawings, instructions, gauges, meters, etc.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.