We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
The VISA Program Specialist provides support and world class customer service to all customers and associates. They will promote, teach and train customers and associates through VISA program curriculum and initiatives as well as resolve VISA related issues for customers.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Maintain a high standard of confidentiality and respect for privacy when working with customers who are applying for the Scheels VISA
- Professionally process completed applications, finish the check-out process and be knowledgeable to answer questions and potential issues relating to the Scheels VISA
- Complete daily audit sheets, track store performance and help maintain compliance with First National Bank, VISA and Scheels regulations and standards
- Stock VISA materials daily throughout the store
- Execute Card Member Appreciation Days or other special promotions at a high level according to standards set by the bank as well as Scheels Corporate Office
- Assist the VISA Coordinator in completing the annual all store VISA compliance training
- Maintain an orderly appearance of personal work space and surrounding areas
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts including but not limited to; discounts, percentages, interest, commissions, proportions and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry
- Ability to communicate procedures and answer questions and offer to associates, customers and the general public
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and ability to learn Google systems like Drive, Google Docs, etc.
- Must be available to work during the hours of 8am – 9pm Monday through Saturday, 11am – 7pm on Sundays
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree from a 2-year or technical school; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 11a.m. and 6p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of three weekends a month. Average hours per week is 20-25 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate