OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
At BMC, the CDL Driver is responsible for providing efficient delivery and excellent service. The CDL Driver is a hardworking, reliable team member who delivers materials to job sites, inspects and maintains trucks, reports shortages and claims to their supervisor, and assists in the loading and storing of materials.
Major Responsibilities: * Maintains a current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License as required.
- Prepares DOT required log of time on duty and driving.
- Organizes and secures load.
- Assists forklift operators when loading.
- Accounts for all company funds, such as C.O.D.’s.
- Checks orders for accuracy
- Delivers and unloads materials to customers’ satisfaction.
- Completes daily equipment pre-inspection.
- Records all merchandise that is returned by truck, assists in unloading material returned for credit.
- Follows guidelines established by the Department of Transportation.
- Operates all trucks in safe and efficient manner, maintains records regarding equipment use and time charged.
- Logs in deliveries using handheld device.
- Waits on customers while truck is being loaded.
- Relays messages sent by customers while on job.
- Assists supervisor, other associates and other work areas, as assigned.
- Assists in maintaining good housekeeping in yard and warehouse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Special skills required: Ability to do arithmetic, read orders, write instructions and complete forms. Communicate with customers, other associates and supervisors using verbal and written skills and use safe lifting techniques.
- Must be able to;
- Lift 65 pounds from ground level to standing position, 20 pounds above my head.
- Pull 20 pounds from a standing position, from various levels, including above my head
- Pull 20 pounds from a kneeling position, from various level, including above my head
- Stand and/or walk for an 8-10 hour shift
- Frequently bend and stoop during an 8-10 hour shift
- Other: Clean driving record and current operator’s license.
- Other: Temperatures will vary. Dusty and noisy environment when operating machines and tools. Ear protection required when exposed to noise for an extended period of time. Eye protection and steel toed (safety toed) hard sole leather boots required at all times. Overtime work could be involved
Job Location Coeur D Alene, Idaho, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular