The successful candidate for the entry level Electrical Engineering position will work under the supervision of the lead Electrical Engineer, and will perform electrical design for a variety of projects.
- Performing electrical power design for a variety of projects
- Preparing, reviewing, or modifying one-line diagrams, elevation diagrams, electrical floor plans, lighting designs, MCC and panelboard schedules, and detail sheets
- Incorporating design changes using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Coordinating electrical equipment lists with mechanical, civil, and other applicable disciplines
- Preparing project-specific technical specifications using CSI and SpecsIntact standards
- Performing service load calculations and power systems analysis
- Meeting project schedules and performing work within budgetary constraints
- Assisting in the preparation of status reports, basis-of-design descriptions, project manuals, responses to client comments, technical memoranda, and other project-related documentation
- Reviewing submittals and providing responses to Contractor-generated Requests for Information
- Field investigation and facility startup support services as needed
- Performing other duties as assigned
- 0-2 years of experience in electrical engineering and consulting environment
- Electrical Engineering degree (preferably from an ABET accredited program)
- FE/EIT or ability to obtain within six months
- Interest in obtaining P.E. licensure
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Comfortable working with suppliers, vendors, construction contractors, and facility owners
- Knowledge of NEC and other codes and standards associated with electrical safety and construction
- Design of lighting and lighting control systems. Experience with Visual Lighting software, is a plus
- Proficient with the use of AutoCAD and Revit is a plus
- Experience with SKM or ETAP is a plus
- Design of fire alarm, security, and other low-voltage systems is a plus
- Design of substations and medium voltage distribution systems is a plus
- DOD and commercial experience, is a plus
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting .
For more information on our company, please visit our website at . To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 200 IEW