Reports to: Store Manager
Who is bhme?
bhme is a leading lifestyle retailer that markets and sells trendy, fashionable clothing, providing high-quality merchandise at affordable prices. Our collection includes modern basics like jeans, chic T's as well as stylish assortment of accessories, outerwear, and footwear.
Who are we looking for?
An outgoing, professional Assistant Manager to work in conjunction with the Store Manager in managing all areas of the daily operations of the store; including generating sales, and profit while controlling expenses and inventory, store recruitment and employee development, maintaining visual and floor standards all while helping in build the bhme brand.
What you will be doing?
- Recruit, recommend and interview potential employee candidates for the store
- Train Sales Associates and Sales Leads to help develop in their areas and progress within the company
- Recognize performance issues and possible violations of company policies and procedures and take appropriate disciplinary action when necessary
- Assist in developing staff work schedules; which may include scheduling meal and break periods, overtime, schedule reductions and resolving any scheduling issues that may arise
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a diverse workforce in store
- Train, supervise and motivate sales staff to achieve store sales goals along with your own with individual sales goals
- Promote and motivate staff during company sales contests
- Resolve customer service concerns in a professional manner
- Ensure stores proper merchandise presentation and visual merchandising is up to company standards, supervise the incoming and outgoing inventory
- Supervise and maintain cash handling and bank procedures and manage proper and timely accounting of all cash flow
- Keep up to date and train on all POS usage and related technology used in store
- Secure bhme assets/property and maintain loss prevention and operational standards
- Maintain authority for all aspects of the store in the absence of the Store Manager while exercising discretion in prioritizing his/her responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum high school education or equivalent
- At least one-year retail management experience or equivalent education
- Ability to count and perform retail mathematical equations
- Excellent organization, verbal and written skills
- Ability to work POS, and other store computer applications