At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Product Management
Within Capital One, the Wikibuy team is working on a new consumer product that seeks to change the way people buy things online. We believe that no matter where you shop, it should be easy to buy things at the best price.
We are a fast-paced, get-stuff-done team solving a difficult problem in a unique way. We’re focused on scaling our products to millions of customers and refining the experience to create a product that customers and partners can’t live without.
We are looking for a Director, Product Management to join our team to lead new product and business opportunities and drive cross-functional execution within Wikibuy. This role will report to the President and take ownership of key product verticals.
To be successful in the role, you will be a well-rounded 'business athlete’ - an analytical and creative problem solver who understands different business models and the tech landscape, as well as a dynamic leader in complex cross-functional environments and with partners. You are thoughtful, resourceful, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in leading cross-functional projects to drive the growth and success of a business.
- Identify, prioritize, and launch innovative products that drive business and customer value
- Advance Wikibuy’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products recognized as best in the industry
- Establish shared vision and buy-in on priorities across the company
- Drive product development and a rapid test and learn program with a team of world-class engineers
- Manage to results by establishing a business model based on fundamental drivers and following the data
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the goals can be ambiguous and the process fluid
- You love to ship product and projects that drive impact and business value
- You enjoy teaching yourself new skills and driving whatever aspect of a project is needed to succeed
- You’re not afraid to pull your own data, build your own business models, and do your own mockups
- You have an affinity for the fast-paced, changing environment of a start-up, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and a get-it-done personality
- You thrive and help set the pace in a company where the people around you have an exceptionally high level of drive and commitment; you wouldn’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and lead an occasional late-night work session to help your teams succeed
- You take personal responsibility for the productivity and results of any team you are a part of
- You are passionate about improving how product development teams all work together
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 5-7 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).