ID 2020-12953 Job Locations US-MI-Grand Rapids | US-GA-Atlanta Category Management Job Type Regular/Permanent Job Time Full-Time Experience Level Senior Level Education Level Bachelors Degree Travel % 10 Shift Schedule Standard Posting Date 4 weeks ago(8/18/2020 9:55 PM)
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic Corp. has an immediate opening for a Regional Installation Manager in our Grand Rapids Office.
Full Mechanical project installation activities including staffing and planning of daily and weekly workload in meeting project milestones for less complex and/or smaller projects. Manages assigned Foremen and crews. Responsible for all mechanical projects, project progress, safety and other required reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This individual will be responsible for the full lifecycle of installation projects starting with pre-quoting activities through site visits and concept review meetings in order to determine costs. Scheduling sub-contractors, keeping track of equipment inventory and rentals is also a large part of this role
- Assists with routine equipment trial runs to ensure that it meets specifications and assure equipment is installed to Dematic Standards. Provides assistance with training of subcontractors in the installation of Dematic and other material handling equipment.
- Performs routine work within technical or paraprofessional area. Identifies problems as they occur and suggests appropriate resolutions.
- Responsible for interfacing with Project Management, Installation Management, Engineering and customer (at appropriate level) on project issues.
- Quoting projects, including a pricing review meeting, justifying installation costs, and choosing subcontractors in conjunction with purchasing.
- Prepare quote packages that include a transmittal letter, drawings, equipment list, customer criteria, scope of work, general overview, and the schedule for the project.
- Attend weekly project review meetings, track financials, and contact and update the sub-contractors on a weekly basis.
- Make site visits occasionally to help with commissioning if needed and enforce safety and quality standards.
- Responsible for completion of equipment run-in and reporting readiness of segments for commissioning via signed Installation Pre-commissioning Documents.
- Ordering all consumables, air piping supplies, equipment rentals and other resources required for project execution.
- Attend post project meetings to recommend design or concept changes if problems arose during the installation process.
- Forecasting monthly installation costs, and updating the installation management tool and PMC tool.
Contacts are primarily with immediate manager and others in the group, including installation subcontractors.
What We Are Looking For
- Five years (minimum) experience in troubleshooting mechanical equipment. Successful candidates must have some working experience with material handling equipment. Service experience with AGVS, AS/RS, or conveyors is highly prized.
- Must be willing to travel on short notice and spend up to 50% of the time traveling.
- Must be willing to be on call and travel accordingly.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays and off shifts.
- Must be able to write concise, clear, and complete trip reports in the time frame required according to Dematic procedures.
- Must have knowledge in the use of personal computers for word processing, data base functions and communications. Understanding personal computer hardware setup and software configuration required.
Typically an Associate's degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of a technical or specialty area. Generally, up to 10 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.