MJD Systems is a rapidly growing company based out of central Pennsylvania, with offices in Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland working projects in the Mid-Atlantic area. We are a regional company dedicated to commercial and large Multi-Family building projects providing comprehensive Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing services.
We currently have an opening for a dependable and experienced, Office Manager. Responsibilities will also include office administration as we are a growing company that requires someone who can multi-task and handle various roles.
The successful candidate must be reliable, have high integrity standards, strong accounting skills, and handle a variety of responsibilities simultaneously. The candidate must also have a high attention to detail and solid organizational skills. Day to day activities will vary over a broad spectrum of responsibilities, delivered in a fast-paced working atmosphere. Candidates should demonstrate a customer-service minded approach to their daily interactions with vendors and our ideal candidate will be capable of interacting with our Staff Executives.
The primary responsibility of this position will be bookkeeping. He or she will be responsible for various accounting aspects of the business, including AP/AR, payroll assistance. etc. He or she will possess strong bookkeeping skills, with QuickBooks Desktop experience. We are looking for someone with 3-5 years of bookkeeping experience and some of that in a construction type environment with job costing experience and payroll.
Additional duties include (but are not limited to): maintaining employee files, overseeing vehicle fleet maintenance schedule, as well renewing licenses and registrations.
Office manager Essential Functions
- Record other accounting transactions in QuickBooks
- Assist in the procurement process
- Monitor and pay bills timely
- Assist in the payroll process
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of customer invoices (AR)
- Assist in the management of fixed assets
- Perform Accounts Receivable collections
- Record credit card transactions/expenses
- Record journal entries as needed
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Maintain and balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Records payments received
- Assist with preparing yearly 1099s
- Order office/business supplies
- Additional tasks, as assigned
- 3-5 years Bookkeeper experience
- Experience with QuickBooks Desktop
- Construction industry experience, familiarity with job costing preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Strong and dependable work ethic
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Conduct yourself as if this was your business.
- Critical-thinking skills: Look for ways to increase profitability and propose them
- Customer-service skills: Daily interactions with office staff, ownership and other support staff require respectful and friendly dialogue to address challenges, etc.
- Competitive Pay based on experience
- Health Benefits after 90 days
- Paid Time off
- Paid Holidays