Overview: Performs mechanical and electrical maintenance activities including but not limited to equipment, buildings, grounds, utilities and other devices on a 24/7 schedule in order to maintain a corn milling operation safely and efficiently, complying with food safety and process quality standards. Constructs, repairs, installs and removes various machines, equipment and piping. Must be willing to work overtime and respond to call-in work. Supports the Maintenance Team to provide 24/7 coverage as per the schedule provided by the Maintenance supervisor.
Essential functions and activities:
- Reads and interprets drawings and layouts.
- Sets up and operates the equipment necessary to perform all functions of the craft.
- Installs, maintains, replaces, moves, aligns or removes equipment, machines and piping or any other production or maintenance devices.
- Installs and maintains insulation on equipment, piping, ducts and spouting.
- Makes repairs to and checks machines and equipment for correct operation.
- Performs electrical and mechanical operations necessary for the construction, installation, repair and operation of equipment and devices of the plant.
- Rebuilds, repairs, replaces damaged, defective or work parts
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and removes material and equipment from job site. Assists in overall plant cleanliness and housekeeping.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Operates Maintenance Shop tools including but not limited to drills, saws, grinders, welders, plasma cutter, oxyacetylene torch, etc.
- Cuts, threads and fits pipes.
- Works at all areas of the plant including, indoors, outdoors , confined spaces, and working at heights with the proper PPE
- Performs building and grounds maintenance
- Tests and repairs electrical circuits, components or systems
- Operates fork trucks
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Able to operate Maintenance Shop machinery: drill, saws, grinders, etc.
- Experience as welder. Able to weld regular steel.
- Troubleshooting and repairing mechanical equipment
- Troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment
- Can read and understand drawings, prints, etc.
- Able to drive a fork truck safely (If not an experienced driver needs to be able to become one)
- Can use simple maintenance tools such as impacts, wrenches, pliers, hammers, screwdrivers, etc.
- Experience working with low and high voltage equipment (Up to 600V)
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Basic PC/Laptop hardware & software knowledge and experience
- Advance PC/Laptop hardware & software knowledge and experience (A plus)
- LOTO training and experience
- Technical data interpretation
- Can read and understand SOP’s, prints and manuals
- Completion of a 4 year apprenticeship program and/or 8 years of equivalent maintenance experience
- Documented technical education for electrician plus 2 or more years of experience in electrical related activities/maintenance
See Physical & Mental Job Requirements form if applicable.
- Able to work at heights with proper PPE (Fall protection)
- Able to work in confined spaces following the proper safety procedures
- Able to lift 50 lbs occasionally as needed.
Standard work hours for a 24/7 operation
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled