This position is responsible for performing testing tasks on a new or existing product and documenting defects found. Leverage a basic understanding of the business domain and customer needs for the success of development projects.
- Mentor more junior quality assurance engineers in regard to best practices with a basic ability to explain technical concepts in written and verbal forms
- Establish a high level of code quality by executing test cases at the acceptance testing level as part of the functional testing or regression testing of the product
- Record defects found and provide sufficient information for the resolution of those defects
- Document in the test management software: test cases, test suites, and test plans designed for functional and regression testing of the product
- Assist team members, product management, and technical support in identifying and resolving customer issues and product defects
- Assist user documentation and technical support by assembling and providing concise and accurate information in regards to software functionality
- Provide task decomposition, documentation and estimates in accordance with a basic understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Maintain an proficient knowledge and stay current with trends associated with software testing and quality assurance
- Attend all meetings necessary for the seamless delivery of the product as part of the Software Development Life Cycle
Typically 3 to 5 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
· Good understanding of industry practices
· Proficient with tools, systems, and procedures
· Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
· Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Good presentation and public speaking skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Basic conflict resolution skills
· Developing professional credibility
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience writing scripts and querying databases using SQL.
- Experience using Microsoft Test Manager for test case design and execution.
- Good ability to derive and design tests from general product requirements
- Good knowledge of test cases, test plans, and test suites
- Good ability to remain current on new quality assurance processes within the software industry
- Advanced ability to interpret and execute test cases stored in applicable test management software
- Good ability to problem solve/diagnose in a technical space
- Good technical knowledge of broad business areas
· Ability to keep skills current with changing industry demands as identified by the
FULL-TIME BENEFITS AVAILABLE:
- Earn generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Seven Company Paid holidays
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with competitive company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: .