- Visually inspect each load for damage or other non-conforming conditions.
- Keeps the hopper loaded and ensures the cartons are pulled through the feeder section properly.
- Ensures new stock is delivered in a timely manner to keep the machine running and to watch for machine jams.
- Perform in-Process inspections by visually inspecting cartons as they are loaded into the machine.
- Places off quality cartons in the bins to be weighed and scrapped by the Operator.
- Assist the Operator in running quality cartons to customer specifications at the fastest possible speed.
- Visually inspect cartons before feeding to ensure that the proper item is being fed and that there are no noticeably defective cartons being fed.
- Perform checks for all defects, damaged cartons, and mixing. The Feeder should feed by die position whenever possible.
- Facilitate proper positioning of cartons in the feed hopper by fanning out or pre-breaking scores as necessary to ensure that cartons are being pulled through feed properly.
- Ensure new stock (WIP to be glued/windowed/labeled) is delivered in a timely manner to keep the machine running.
- Observes defects, jams, and all unsafe conditions.
- Verifies the case count is correct.
- Assures cartons fit and there is no damage in cases.
- Reports unsafe conditions to the Operator, Department Manager, or Management Team.
- Assist Operators during machine down time for clean-up and resolution.
- Performs other related productions duties as assigned by the Finishing Manager or Management.
- Must be flexible; willing to work other shifts, overtime and weekends
- Standing, walking, lifting (up to 50 lbs.) carrying (up to 50 lbs.), pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, visual acuity (Near and Far).
- Stack of carton typically weighing up to 35lbs pounds taken from press at waist level and packed in box.
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Desire to work overtime
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at .
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. .