Located in historic Old Town, Southernmost Beach Resort expands over 6 acres on a serene part of the island with Atlantic Ocean front views, gorgeous Key West architecture, and all the amenities you desire in a beach resort. Just a short walk or bike ride from Key West’s boutique shops, art galleries, eclectic restaurants, and non-stop nightlife, the resort spans over two city blocks and offers guest rooms that are located within easy reach of both the beach and world-famous Duval Street.
The Complex Director of Sales and Marketing is primarily responsible for leading & driving top line revenue strategy for traditional sales related segments to include group, volume transient & catering for multiple properties. This position will oversee the Southernmost Beach Resort, and the Marker Waterfront Resort properties. The individual is additionally responsible for staying ahead of market trends, market share movement and ongoing competitive hotel analysis, while directing the property sales teams (rooms & catering) to insure budgeted revenues are met or exceeded. The Complex Director of Sales and Marketing is also responsible for assisting on the implemetation of the marketing communications plan designed to achieve the desired positioning for the hotels, as well as managing the sales and marketing budget that supports revenue attainment.
- Responsible for leading & driving top line revenue for traditional sales segments to include group, volume transient & catering. This is an active-seller role that carries a quota.
- Assesses & reacts to market trends, market share & the competitive hotel environment.
- Supports a marketing communications plan designed to achieve the desired positioning of the hotel, as well as manage the sales & marketing budget that supports all initiatives.
- Act as the hotel’s voice of the customer and communicate key issues/concerns at all levels of the organization.
- Fluent in reading/assimilating/using Smith Travel Research data, financial P&L, mix of sales, forecasting, group pace/position & a wide array of traditional hotel reporting.
- Ability to understand and communicate market trends, demand generators, supply/demand and economic factors affecting hotel performance.
- Conduct comprehensive competitive set reviews, SWOT analysis & keep tabs on new supply.
- Understand GEO source & ability to develop a plan to penetrate the primary markets.
- Develop/implement key segment strategy & managing key accounts (both existing & target).
- Design effective sales deployment schemes & market assignments.
- Develop sales goals designed to achieve budget & market share targets.
- Manage group pace measurement and set sales production goals.
- Manage sales activity & travel schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Hospitality or Marketing
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a sales leader, with prior hotel sales experience.
- Experience dealing with/communicating with ownership groups and asset management.
- Proficient in managing/using sales automation (DELPHI) & PMS systems.
- Experience working collaboratively with revenue management.
- Well rounded knowledge of all market segments and channel sources, as well as ability to develop a strategic plan for each.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to direct, lead, train, motivate & drive a direct sales team; and develop a cooperative & competitive team spirit & winning attitude.
- Must be proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines