Basic Scope/Purpose: (The job’s primary purpose or contribution to the department or organization.)
Drive profitable growth of the product line through leadership of the product team; responsible for Product Management activities from strategic planning to tactical execution.
Principal Accountabilities: (The job’s essential or most important functions and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
· Identify, assemble, and lead the product team to include Sales, NPD, Product Engineering, Applications Engineering, Marcom, Finance, and Operations/Supply Chain.
· Develop and execute Strategic Product Plan.
· Develop and maintain a Product Fact Book.
· Gather and interpret intelligence on competitors, markets, customers and regulations.
· Develop product training materials, pricing strategies, and go-to market strategies.
· Fill the NPD pipeline, develop product definitions, and lead product launches.
· Develop a communications strategy to include advertising, collateral and product specific materials.
· Ensure compliance, recommend proper inventory investments, establish customer service and quality requirements.
· Support product supplier selection and cost reduction projects.
· Review and approve product changes that affect Form, Fit, and Function.
· Manage product portfolio with special attention to product life cycle management.
· Regularly report to management on product activity and profitability.
· Maintains and promotes Fenner Drives Values and Behaviors at all times.
THIS ROLE HIGHLY PREFERS EXPERIENCE IN TEXTILE INDUSTRY
Environmental, Health & Safety Accountabilities: (The level of safety accountability needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
· Learn and follow EHS policies, rules and work instructions
· Attend required EHS training
· Wear the required PPE at all times
· Take personal responsibility for keeping yourself and your co-workers and visitors free from injury by participating in and/or conducting risk assessments, work place inspections, corrective actions and safety observations
· Report incidents, near miss, unsafe conditions, unsafe acts and other hazards in the work place. STOP WORK when imminent danger is present
· Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion and keep equipment in proper working condition.
Career Progression Opportunities: (example: junior or senior levels)
· Associate Product Manager will carry out the principal accountabilities of a Product Manager with guidance from the Product Management Team.
· Senior Product Manager will handle a broader product portfolio or large dollar value P&L as well as coach or mentor other Product Managers.
Education and/or Relative Experience: (The level of education and/or experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.)(Also show level of education needed for Career Progression)
· 5+ Years in a Product Management role required
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Experience with a technical product line required
· 5+ Years Product Management experience with a B to B technical product line preferred
· Proven experience rationalizing a product line while growing top and bottom line preferred
· Experience growing a product line via organic means and integration of acquired/bought in products preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business preferred
· MBA preferred
Associate Product Manager:
· Bachelor’s Degree Required
· 3+ years of experience with a technical product line required
· 3+ years of ancillary experience in purchasing, sales, engineering or marketing in a B to B environment
Senior Product Manager:
· 7-10 years Product Management or equivalent experience
· May or may not manage or supervisor other Product Managers
· MBA highly preferred
· Engage passionately in the product
· Effectively communicate, network, and influence
· Deeply understand the product line and its USPs (unique selling propositions)
· Write business cases
· Gather intelligence and use this information to positively impact the product line
· Be proactive with a sense of urgency
· Travel domestically and internationally about 20% to gather firsts hand VOC and market intelligence
· Manage projects
· Utilize analytical skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (The licenses, certificates or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job.)
· None Required
Behaviors : Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Motivation : Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Education : Bachelors