Are you looking to better utilize your system engineering skills? If you're hungry to leverage your existing system engineering expertise, work as a team to help the team rapidly define, develop, and deploy new capabilities, and learn from / collaborate with our existing system engineering subject matter experts, we have the great upcoming position for you!
We are looking for a senior system engineer to sign up for our team on an upcoming large program bid, joining the new program once we win the effort. One the work starts, you'll get to be the key system engineer on one of our teams that rapidly define, develop, and deploy new capabilities that will be immediately used by the operational teams to make a difference in improving our nation's security. You'll be helping create new capabilities (not just maintaining or productizing other's work), passing them directly to operational users to use to execute their mission (often users sitting in your same spaces), and truly witnessing the mission successes of your output.
Before the work starts, we'll enroll you in our Preparation, Engagement, and Training (PET) program, where we will help:
- Prepare you for the future opportunity by sharing technology tips and information, knowledge about the work environment and ways you can best come in and hit the ground running, and information to continue to hone your existing skills and even gain new ones to ensure you're ready for this challenge.
- Engage you regularly, keeping you abreast of all the great things you'll get once you start at Parsons, inviting you to special events just for folks in our PET program, and giving you a chance to experience our amazing culture and engage with our subject matter experts, managers, and other PET program members. Yes, we've even found great ways to engage you safely during the current pandemic!
- Train you for your future. You'll get invited to our bi-monthly Cyber Capture The Flag events (that we’ve been running for over 4 years now), PET Program-only tech talks and interactive training events, Parsons-generated offline training classes / videos, and access to our cloud-acceleration program to help accelerate your cloud skills to the next level (since cloud knowledge is very important to the new program). You’ll also get the chance to help share your skills back, mentor others, and get your own mentor (if you’re interested).
- A BS in Computer Science or an equivalent field (or 4 years of equivalent experience)
– 15+ years of system engineering or equivalent experience
– Active TS/SCI + Poly
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.