Performs housekeeping and cleaning activities within well established guidelines and in compliance with VHI Housekeeping Policies and Procedures in assigned areas. The assigned areas are defined as the common areas, including lobby and foyer areas, dining rooms, living rooms, library, chapel, hallways and three bathrooms. The administrative offices are also included.
- High School Diploma
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English as to be understood effectively by another
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Pleasant, tactful, courteous
- Ability to cooperate with others
- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis
- Perform tasks despite frequent interruptions
- Economical and correct use of supplies, chemicals and equipment
- Follows cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.,) as outlined in housekeeping policies and procedures for assigned areas.
- Cleans assigned areas, furnishings, and fixtures according to established Housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Cleans floors: Dry mops, wet mops, sweeps, disinfects where and when necessary. Performs emergency housekeeping where accidents occur.
- Cleans movable and stationary furnishings and fixtures: Dusts, spot cleans or washes, disinfects when necessary, polishes where required. This includes the cleaning of ledges, shelves, vents, etc. Empties, cleans and relines wastebaskets. Straightens or rearranges furniture as directed. Inspects furnishings for wear and defects and reports to Administrative Assistant.
- Cleans bathrooms (public): Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, and walls as directed. Washes mirrors. Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Cleans walls, windows, doors, and ceilings: Spot cleans between washings, washes, disinfects when necessary. Walls and ceilings and ceiling fixtures are cleaned as scheduled.
- Cleans entrances and exits: Cleans as directed for floors and walls.
- Cleans and sanitizes all common areas including dining rooms, resident pantry, living rooms, library, offices, beauty parlor and restrooms in accordance to policies and procedures.
- Sweeps courtyard and front entry when maintenance is not on site
- Cleans all windows, ledges and sills
- Cleans all horizontal surfaces daily or as required, removing dust, dirt, or greasy film, using disinfectants.
- Performs cleaning duties according to established policies and procedure in resident rooms when resident has been discharged or transferred, and prepares room for new occupant within 24 hours of vacancy. .
- Reports observations concerning structural and equipment wear, defects and malfunctioning to supervisor.
- Reports supply and equipment needs to Director for replenishing.
- All other duties as assigned